Friday, June 9, 2017

First Line Friday's #17


Ok party people! It's that time again! First Line Friday's hosted by my amazing friend Kathy over at Bookworm Nation! Are you ready?! 

This week's First Line Friday is:


Still Falling by Crystal Walton

Landing a prominent chair in the Philharmonic Orchestra is part of Bree Ramirez’s determined plans to avoid her old life. Falling smack into her ex-fiancĂ©’s path again? Nowhere close. But with a gang hit targeting her and her brother as loose ends, the pressure to get them out of Queens ushers her straight into the very arms she’s spent the last four years pretending aren’t still home.

On the brink of finally making detective and tackling his parents’ cold case, NYPD Officer Josh D’Angelo is prepared for just about anything. Except playing it cool with the only girl he’s ever loved. Then again, if being assigned Bree’s security detail opens the doors to winning her back, he’ll risk whatever the job requires. Including his heart.

But when Josh’s investigation brings him to a choice he promised Bree he’d never have to make, this unsolicited reunion may cost them their only shot at a second chance.

FIRST LINE

"On his way to their squad car, NYPD Officer Josh D'Angelo fanned away a sense of dread rising with the steam coming through the subway gates."

I have been waiting for a free weekend to start Crystal Walton's new book. I have a feeling I am going to get sucked in and not want to do anything else like I have with her other books I have read. I have to say I may be torturing myself just a little bit by starting this before going to work. But in my mind I'm giving myself something to look forward to since I have 4 hours of training today! Lol. 

Do you want to participate in First Line? Yes?! Then tell us what your First Line is! Are you going to do a blog post? Then don't forget to link your post back to Bookworm Nation! Post your link in the comments. Don't have a blog? No worries! Just leave a comment with the title, author name and first line.

Ready?! And GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment