Saturday, July 1, 2017

Never Trust the Rain by Laura D. Bastain


Synopsis:

When Ami goes to help her sister with a new baby in Scotland, she never imagined she’d fall for the hot Scot that came to rescue her from the airport when the baby comes a few weeks early.

Duncan’s always been willing to help his American co-worker adjust to life in Edinburgh, but when he’s sent to retrieve the guy’s sister-in-law from the airport, he didn’t expect to want to spend more time with her than just the short drive.

As they spend time together, their feelings grow, but can either of them agree to give up the life they know for the chance of a life together?

My Review: 4 Stars   

Ami is headed to Scotland for her summer vacation to help her sister and brother-in-law, Jessie and Chris, with their new baby. With Jessie's due date still a few weeks away, she's hoping to do a little sight seeing before the baby arrives. However, no one anticipated Jessie going into labor early... especially on the day that Ami arrives in Scotland!

Duncan doesn't hesitate when Chris asks him to pick up Ami from the airport. What better way to spend his day off than helping a friend in need and playing tour guide to a cute girl? However, Duncan had no idea that Ami would be so captivating. She's unlike anyone he's ever met and he just can't seem to get her out of his thoughts. 

While both Ami and Duncan are not looking for any kind of relationship, they can't help but want to spend as much time with each other as possible. The more time the spend together, the closer they become, and the more they don't want to say goodbye to each other when Ami's time comes to an end. They have to wonder, is this really just a summer romance? Or do all signs point to a HEA together? 

Oh how I love Scotland! I have always wanted to go there! And the rain! *dreamy sigh* I couldn't help but fall in love with the setting as I was reading the book! This was a cute, quick read. Perfect for Saturday afternoon! This is the first book I have read in this series and I'm looking forward to checking out some of the other books. 

I have enjoyed all the books I have read by Ms. Bastian and am definitely looking forward to reading more! 

As for my casting... this one is all me. I didn't catch very many details on our hero and heroine so I'm kinda winging it here... ;) What do you think?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment