Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Bluestocking and the Dastardly, Intolerable Scoundrel by Jenni James


Synopsis:

Lord Alistair Compton could not believe Lady Lacey Lamb had the boldness to cut him in the middle of the Huffingtons’ ball. She flatly refused to stand up with him! He responded the only way a man of his consequence could—by placing a wager at White’s. Lady Ice would fall hopelessly in love with him before the Season was through.

Lacey had never been so appalled, so shocked, so scandalized! How dare the monstrous buffoon treat her so horridly, guaranteeing the gossips banter her name about over a ridiculous wager? It was not to be endured. With the help of her brother, Lord Melbourne, a counter bet was placed, and the stakes were high—for who could resist falling for the lovely bluestocking when she was most definitely in the right?

My Review: 4 Stars

Lady Lacey Lamb has never been so embarrassed in her life. How dare the insufferable Lord Alistair Compton place a wager against her in White's! She had her reasons for not standing up with him at Huffingtons' ball but she refuses to let anyone know why. She is not a fan of society and avoids it at all costs. But now she has to deal with all the gossipmongers and try her best to unsully her good name. 

Lord Alistair Compton doesn't take Lady Lacey Lamb's slight lying down. He'll show her. Placing a wager against her that she'll fall head over heels in love with him before the end of the season is the perfect way to get back at her. But he never dreamed she would have her brother place a counter bet. All he can think of is... game on. He's determined to come out the winner. 

While the two do their best to get the other to fall in love with them and lose the bet, they don't see what's really going on around them. Their banter has turned, dare I say, friendly? The more time they spend together, the more they see themselves falling for each other. But can a real relationship form from a wager? Both have been hurt in the past but can they open up enough to be healed and to find their happily ever after?

Okay... I'm not going to lie. I have been struggling with books lately. So much so that I haven't been posting reviews to my blog because I just haven't been feeling it. When I picked up book 3 in this series and saw that the hero and heroine from book 2 were in the first paragraph, I decided I should probably read the series from the beginning. So I went and grabbed this book. It was just what I needed! Light, fluffy and fun! It was a super cute start to a fun series! I can't wait to read the next book! 

It has been awhile since I have read a book by Ms. James and I am not sure why! I guess I've got lots of books to catch up on! I can always count on her books cute, fun and clean! If you haven't read any of her books then I say you should definitely give her a try! I have recommended her Faeire Tale Collections to my nieces and they adore them! She's got books for all ages!  

And of course I can't forget my casting! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment