Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Man of my Dreams by Jenny Rabe


Synopsis:

On yet another pointless errand for her boss, Rory runs into the handsome, Dr. Camden. Despite knowing it might get her in trouble, Rory can’t resist falling for Cam’s refreshing honesty and easy-going attitude.

But Cam’s got a sticky past and before Rory falls for him, she has to find out the truth. Not only does she discover it, she uncovers a scary secret he’s been hiding that proves his life is not only in danger, but that also puts her heart in jeopardy of breaking.

My Review: 4 Stars

To say Rory Lee has the worst boss in the world would be an understatement. She's overworked and underappreciated. Her boss, Millie, makes her feel like she can never do anything right. She's constantly talking down to Rory and treating her horribly. So Rory never imagined that her life could change from running another pointless errand for her evil boss. 

When Dr. Camden first meets Rory, he seems to be intrigued. But when he finds out why she's in the hospital, he becomes very protective of his friend... until he hears Millie's name. He doesn't want to have anything to do with Millie or the resort and advises Rory to do the same. 

Cam can't believe how badly he treated Rory. It's not her fault she works with the demon spawn. He needs to show her that he's really not a bad guy. When a mutual friend makes it easy for them to get to know each other, Cam jumps at the chance and hopes Rory will as well. 

But Cam's keeping a secret... something that could ruin his chances with Rory. But there's just something about her and he wants a chance to see where things can go. If they're going to get the HEA they both have been dreaming of, they'll need to do everything in their power to fight the outside forces that are determined to break them up and bring them down. 

My thoughts in one word? Interesting. I did not see or expect this book to go in the direction that it did. I'm having a hard time writing my review because I do not want to give anything away! I really enjoyed Rory and Cam. They are definitely cute and good together. I did NOT like Millie... not one single bit! She's the devil! I really, really wanted something horrible to happen to her! I'm not going to lie... I was disappointed with the way things ended for her. She deserved to rot! Haha. 

All in all this was a good book. It hooked me from the beginning and I was disappointed when real life got in the way of my reading time! This is my first book by Ms. Rabe and I can tell you that I'll definitely be checking out more books by her!

And of course I can't forget my casting! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment