Saturday, September 22, 2018

Weekend Ramblings #16


Oh my heck! It's been FOREVER since I've done a Weekend Ramblings post! I have been thinking about doing one for awhile now but something always happens and I always forget! Haha.

While I was on my laptop checking email, a post idea came to me so I thought why not! Let's do one!

So.... are you ready for another Weekend Ramblings a la KJ?!

Well then... let's get ready to raaaaammmmmbbbbbllllleeeee!!!!!

This week's rambling question is...

*Do you follow the book trends or do you search for something new and different?*

Have you ever noticed a pattern with some of the authors you follow? It seems like the majority of them release the same themed books all at the same time. I have noticed in all the newsletters I receive from the authors I follow that billionaires, royals, sports, reality shows, and military romance seem to be extremely popular right now.

So that got me thinking. Do you, as a reader, follow the popular trends? Or do you search for something new and different?

I find myself going back and forth between the two. It all depends on my mood. There are times that I follow the popular trends but then there are times that I want something new and different... something unique.

Something new, different and unique is the mood I find myself in right now. And let me tell you, they aren't always easy to find! But I do have to say thank you to some of the authors and their newsletters! Over the last few days I have found authors I haven't heard of before and don't know if I would have if it weren't for said newsletters. I am definitely looking forward to trying some new to me authors and their books! And bonus?! The books are eligible for a Swoony Award!

Wondering which books I've found so far? Well... to name a few...

Cowboys & Starlight by Jacqueline Winters
Man of my Dreams by Jenny Rabe
Ms. Cinder's Prince by Laura Ann

What kind of mood do you find yourself in right now? Following the trend or something new and different? Have you had any luck finding new to you authors? Do you search on your own or get recommendations from bookish friends and/or authors? Inquiring minds want to know! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment