Monday, September 16, 2019

Professional Boundaries by Jennifer Peel


Synopsis:

In the ultimate game of tug of war, who will cross the line first?

Kelli Bryant is all set to be the new Marketing Director of Chandler Media. After all, she has the right credentials and her colleagues love her. But her plans are derailed when her promotion is given to someone else. And not just any someone else, but her old college boyfriend, Ian Greyson, her one true love, and the last person she ever wants to see again.

Ian made a terrible mistake thirteen years ago when he walked away from Kelli, so when fate intervenes and gives him the chance to reconnect with her, he takes it. But unbeknownst to him, it means stealing her promotion.

The battle lines are drawn when the two old flames butt heads about everything from office etiquette to sales goals. Their explosive relationship spills over into their personal lives as Kelli tries to keep Ian at arm's length while he desperately tries to win her back, outside of business hours, of course. Will they ever learn how to mix business with pleasure, or will they keep their professional boundaries?

My Review: 5 Stars!

Kelli had her heart broken 13 years ago by Ian. He was her first love and one day just walked out of her life... never to be heard from again. She thought that she was completely over him until one day he shows up back in her life... and takes her dream position at Chandler Media.

Emotions are crazy and Kelli does everything she can to guard her heart. She refuses to let Ian back in. Little does she know, she never stood a chance. And everyone knew that except Kelli herself. She was constantly telling everyone nothing was ever going to happen between them again... that he never loved her and he never will. *sigh* Stubborn, blind woman! Lol.

While other reviews I've read bash Ian and say how much they did not like him... I have to say I am the minority. I LOVED him! He just cracked me up! Oh my heck! The man definitely has a sense of humor. ;) And I have to say, I could understand why he did what he did. He wanted her to experience life. He didn't want her to have any regrets. He loved her enough to let her go.

Kelli on the other hand... *shaking my head* There were times I really wanted to shake her and say wake up! I understand that she was hurt and her heart was broken, I really do. But she took things a little too far at times. I was so glad when she finally started accepting that her feelings were just as strong as ever and they she had a 2nd chance with the one and only love of her life.

Now let's talk about that epilogue. *dreamy sigh* I absolutely LOVED it! It was the perfect ending to an amazing book! If you've already read this book, read it again! You'll love it even more... I promise! If you haven't read it yet, read it now! You can thank me later!

Y'all Ms. Peel has done it again! She's amazing and knows how to grab you and suck you in! Gotta love when an author can do that! I can't wait to read her next book baby!

And of course no review of mine would be complete without a casting. These two are absolutely perfect in my opinion. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment