Sunday, November 22, 2020

Marine's Mission by Rebecca Deel

 

Synopsis:

When Gigi Warren lands in the crosshairs of terrorists, she turns to a Marine with the lethal skills necessary to keep her alive. Owen Montgomery will do whatever it takes to bring down the terrorist organization threatening the woman he loves and protect national security, but he never expected to partner with Gigi on a mission so dangerous neither may survive. To defend the country he loves and the woman he adores, Owen may have to make the ultimate sacrifice.

My Review: 4 Stars

It always feels like Christmas when a favorite author releases a new book. I get excited, let out a little squeal and do a little happy dance. There's nothing better than diving into a new book! 

Owen's and Gigi's story did not disappoint. It was face-paced and action-packed from the very beginning. I have been intrigued by these two since they were introduced in Security Breach. The chemistry between them leaves no doubt to the reader that there's some kind of history between them. After loving each other from afar, they decided it was finally time to take that leap into the unknown. I really enjoyed watching these two figure out their relationship and where it would lead. The ending was super cute.  

And it's always fun to see old friends from previous books. They never disappoint when it comes to razzing the hero of the book. I was excited to see more of the Texas team in this one. I can't wait until we get their books. I'm mostly looking forward to Jesse's book... 😉

Sadly, there was something that kept me from really loving this book. This is the second book, that I can think of off the top of my head, where one of the characters turned out to be the complete opposite of who they usually are. Maddox, who is an over-the-top Alpha male, would never consider sending in a civilian with absolutely zero training or experience into this kind of situation where there's an extremely high possibility of her getting killed. There was no backup for Owen and Gigi to speak of. Everyone was on the outside with no way to get to them quickly. This is not the style of the Fortress teams that we all know and love. I love that the heroines are far from pushovers, but there are times that they are put in situations that they would never actually be in.

Now don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy this book. I had a hard time putting it down. Ms. Deel is a master a keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering what's going to happen with each turn of the page. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! Jackson's book is another one that I've been dying to read! I. Can't. Wait! 

And of course I can't forget my casting. I'm not going to lie... this one was hard! I had to make sure I've never used these two in any of my other reviews! Haha. But I do love them! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment