Thursday, November 26, 2020

Adored by You by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

Can the sergeant and the celebrity get their second chance?

Sergeant Noah West was eighteen years old the last time he saw Paige Walker. He joined the Marines for a more stable life and she left to chase her movie star dreams. But no matter where the Marine Corps sends him, he can't help but hope that their paths might one day cross again.

Paige was catapulted into stardom when she landed the role of a lifetime on what would become one of prime time’s biggest medical dramas. After eight years on the show, she’s ready for a change. There’s just one problem—no one thinks she can play anything other than the role that made her famous.

In a happy twist of fate, Noah and Paige are reunited thanks to a film opportunity in San Diego. She'll need his help to secure the part, but Noah isn't willing to let their relationship be purely business. As old fires spark back to life, can they pick up where they left off despite the scars from their time apart?

My Review: 5 Stars

When it comes to reading, one of my favorite sayings is: You can't read all day... unless you start in the morning! Guess what I've been doing most of the day?! That's right! Reading! What else was I supposed to do when my body decided I had had enough sleep at 3:26am?! Haha. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one that loves when a book can sweep you off your feet and give you that much needed break from reality. That's exactly what happened while reading this book. The second chance romance trope is one of my favorites. There's just something about seeing two people who are meant to be together, reunite and finally get their HEA. 

I thought I was going to have a hard time relating to Paige. But I really shouldn't have been worried. I absolutely adored her and Noah. Their reunion was 8 years in the making and I found myself rooting for them from the very beginning. Their fun, easy going vibe made it easy to relate to them. They both were selfless and had the biggest hearts. Making others happy is what made them happy. They are truly perfect for each other. They are definitely one of my favorite couples in this series.

I loved seeing all our favorite Marines and their families in this book. Today, being Thanksgiving, was the perfect day to read it. It made the Thanksgiving weekend in the book extra special. It's a little bittersweet to see this series end, but this was the perfect ending to an amazing series. I'm so glad that Ms. Mastorakos isn't ready to say goodbye to our friends forever. I'm looking forward to their cameos in the next series. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us! 

And of course I can't forget my casting. Y'all! I am in love! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment