Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Love the One You're With by Jennifer Peel

 

Synopsis:

Is it love or is it reality?

Kasie Baldwin’s life is not turning out how she expected. Separating from Jake, her husband of seventeen years, and living back home with her momma were not in her plans. She for sure never saw herself getting mixed up in a reality TV show. And she definitely never thought she’d be breaking and entering into the self-appointed queen of Nashville’s house. Yet here she is. But perhaps all the trouble is exactly what Kasie and Jake need to repair their marriage—maybe, just maybe, their love is the most real thing of all.

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. I have a very strong dislike of reality TV shows. I just can't watch them. I was a bit hesitant going into this book because of said show, but I shouldn't have been worried. The reality TV angle was definitely NOT what I was expecting it to be and I ended up loving the book!

Y'all... Kasie is my kind of gal! She's easy to relate to, she keeps it real, she loves fiercely, she protects what is hers and will do anything, and I mean anything, for her family and friends. This woman has a heart of gold! Definitely one of my favorite heroines!

As for Jake... *dreamy sigh* He quickly became a favorite of mine as well! I loved that he not only talked the talk, but he walked the walk. He may have been a putz, but when he finally woke up, he had no problem showing Kasie just how much she really meant to him. Their journey was absolutely beautiful! 

And can we just take a minute to talk about the chemistry that was flying off the pages?! YOWZERS! Between Kasie and Jake and Abs and Dallas, I kept turning into a big ol' pile of goo! Y'all. I cannot WAIT for Abs and Dallas's book! I have a feeling it's going to be hot... hot... HOT! 

I wasn't going to say anything about Vivian, but I will. Karma. That. Is. All! 🤣

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Ms. Peel is a phenomenal author. I know the moment I pick up one of her books, I will be held hostage until the very end. Nothing ever gets done when I'm reading her books. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

As for my casting... y'all... I'm in love with these two! What do you think? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment