Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Heartbeats in Honolulu by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

I need this promotion. But if I win, what will I lose?

I've done everything right in nearly a decade as a Marine, but thanks to stuff outside of my control, it's all gonna come crashing down if I don't pick up a rank soon.

Enter recruiting duty. My one chance to kill it and earn the promotion that will save my job.

There's just one thing standing in my way. Her.

Hot-tempered, pigheaded, and frustratingly gorgeous Sergeant Nora Cannon is gunning for the same promotion. Shots were fired the moment we met and I can tell neither one of us is going down without a fight.

The only problem is, when we’re not fighting, sparks are flying. And I can’t get her fierce attitude and cunning smile out of my mind. But I can’t afford to let her distract me. I can’t afford to let her win.

Or, can I? Because as much as I don't want to lose my job, I don't want to lose her, either.

My Review: 5 Stars

It always feels like Christmas when a favorite author releases a new book. I get all excited, let out a little squeal, and do a happy dance around my room. Not too sure my neighbors appreciate me doing that at 4am but come on guys! I can't help it! There's nothing better than diving into a new book! 

Y'all. I'm not going to lie. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this book. If I'm being completely honest, I was a bit hesitant. I have loved Hunter from the moment we first met him and knew it would take someone pretty amazing to capture his heart. But it never even crossed my mind that it would be another Marine. Don't ask me why I never thought about it because I have no clue! But in hindsight, it's actually pretty perfect.

I absolutely adored Nora and Hunter and found myself routing for them from the very beginning. They got off to a pretty rocky start, but I loved watching their friendship grow, watching them open up to each other, watching them learn who the other is and what makes them tick. They love deeply, are fiercely loyal, know what they want in life and are not afraid to go after it. Add to that their explosive chemistry and you have the makings of an amazing book! 

I am really loving this series! It's a lot of fun and giving me that much needed break from reality amidst all this craziness called life. There's nothing better than curling up in my big, comfy chair and diving into a great book. I'm looking forward to reading Tess and Logan's story. Y'all know how much of a sucker I am when it comes to single parent tropes. And the best part? Sadie is the perfect age! I cannot wait to see her wrap Logan around her little pinky. Hehe. 

I seriously can't get enough of Ms. Mastorakos's books. Y'all. She's seriously amazing! I always know I'm in for a treat when I pick up one of her books. She just has this way of kidnapping me and holding me hostage until the very end. I don't know about you, but I LOVE when that happens!

And of course I can't forget my casting. I know I say this a lot but.... I. Am. In. Love! What do you think?!

1 Comments:

  1. I love your cast picks! Their smiles really show personality!

    ReplyDelete