Tuesday, September 7, 2021

More Than Just Friends by Sara Jane Woodley

 

Synopsis:

Nobody knows why I returned to my small, gossipy hometown of Aston Falls after graduating med school. Not even Ella.

She thinks that I’m a serial dater. A “never forever” kind of guy.

That I always saw her as my best friend, nothing more.

If only she knew.

After Ella temporarily moves into my spare bedroom, familiar feelings come rushing back. And when she proposes a fake relationship to appease her overly intrusive family, I can’t say no.

I’d do anything for Ella… even forever.

But, can we ever really be more than just friends?

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. I have been in a reading funk lately. Every book I picked up just couldn't hold my attention. The struggle was real y'all! As I was going through all my books again for the umpteenth time, Ella and Austin started screaming at me and demanding that I read their book. Apparently they were done waiting for me to dive into their love story. Who says characters only speak to their creators? ๐Ÿ˜‰

From the moment I started reading their love story, I was immersed into all things Ella and Austin. These two are the best of friends and have been since they were kids. They didn't do anything without the other by their side. When one of them needed lifting up, the other was the first one there. They were inseparable. Everyone around them could see how perfect they were for each other. 

And you would think they would be able to see it too, right? Wrong. Y'all. These two are stubborn and refuse to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Never have two people been more perfect for each other. But fear and insecurities held them back. 

I did love watching their relationship grow from best of friends to something more. I will admit that I was extremely frustrated with Ella and wanted to Gibbs slap her a few times. But in the end, she realized what she wanted, needed, and deserved, and set about getting her HEA with her best friend and love of her life.

I am seriously loving this series! It really makes me want to live in a small town. Not only do I love seeing old friends and catching up with them, but I also love meeting new ones. I cannot WAIT for JJ and Christian's story. Y'all. I see a lot of sass in the very near future! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

I just have to say that Ms. Woodley is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. She's been able to give me that much needed break from reality that we all so desperately need at times. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

As for my casting, I saw these two pretty early on and think they're pretty perfect. What do you think? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment