Wednesday, September 22, 2021

My Own Best Enemy by Julie Christianson

 

Synopsis:

This isn’t a wedding. This is war …

I get it. We were in elementary school. Just a couple of kids on the playground. But after Nash Hendrix called me Enemy instead of Emily, his stupid nickname ruined my life.

Now our best friends are getting married, and they expect me to stand across the aisle from Nash the Ruiner without killing him?

Whatever. I can survive being maid of honor. It’s only for one weekend.

Until it’s not.

When I get roped into wedding planning at the same places Nash is fundraising, I’m ready to blow up our temporary truce.

All I wanted was to start over. New job. New permanently-single status.

But the more time we spend together, the more I feel like … not murdering him.

Is it possible Nash and I don't hate each other?

No way. He’s still my enemy.

My big, dumb enemy.

My big, dumb, gorgeous, sweet-talking, dog-loving —

Emi, you’re doomed.

My Review: 5 Stars!

Have you ever picked up a book, started reading it, and instantly knew you were going to have the hardest time putting it down? Well, that's what happened to me with this book. Nothing else in the world existed while I was reading. From the very first page, I was transported back to Apple Valley where got a front row seat to the Emi and Nash fireworks show. Y'all. I can't tell you how much I loved these two! 

Sworn enemies since elementary school, Emi and Nash have to work together to make sure their best friends' wedding goes off without a hitch. It proves to be difficult when Emi has a deep "hatred" for Nash that she just can't seem to let go of. But you know what they say, "there's a fine line between love and hate". 😉 

I loved watching these to work through their past and their feelings. It wasn't always easy and just as they took a step forward, something happened to put them two steps back. Their love/hate relationship had the chemistry flying off the pages! All I can say is sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the rollercoaster ride you are about to embark on! I seriously could NOT get enough of these two! 

And it would be remiss of me if I didn't say... you guys... I have a couple warnings for you! Doesn't it feel like that's becoming a thing with books lately?! It does to me! 

*WARNING* Do NOT eat or drink anything while reading this book! Picture this. You're minding your own business, eating dark chocolate milano cookies and all of the sudden crumbs are flying out of your mouth because you just couldn't contain your involuntary bursts of laughter! Y'all. Thank goodness it wasn't the Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensation hot chocolate I was drinking. That could've ended badly! Haha.

*WARNING* Make sure you clear your schedule before picking up this book because once you start, you are NOT going to want to stop! Lets just say that I had a meeting at work on my day off but I couldn't be bothered to get ready for it, so I called in for the meeting instead. The struggle was real y'all! 😂

I know this book is just being released but y'all! I need Lucy and Fix's story like now! Their first interaction had me squealing with delight. But I'd be lying if I say that's the only reason why I need their book ASAP. You guys... I need to know what happened to Mrs. Dodd! She is definitely one of my most favorite side characters ever! You know the mentioning of cookie crumbs flying out of my mouth above? She's one of those reasons! You guys are going to love her! 

I have to say that I am SO glad I discovered Ms. Christianson! Her books are the perfect break from reality that I need! I can always count on her kidnapping me and not letting me go until the very end! I absolutely love it when that happens! 😍

And can we just take a minute to admire these two? I think they are perfect! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment