Sunday, September 26, 2021

Christmas in Kailua by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

I hate Christmas. But I'm willing to let her change my mind.

How did I get roped into playing Santa at a toddler's holiday-themed birthday party? Oh, right. Because I'd probably walk through fire for the birthday girl's gorgeous mom if she asked me to.

And when she decides to take me around the island to do a bunch of Christmas stuff to cure my Grinch vibes, I can't help but want to play along.

Before I know it, the peppermint mochas and festive lights start to go to my head, and I fall for her. Hard.

But then her ex comes sniffing around. He’s playing nice, but I’ve got my eye on him. Tess and Sadie are changing everything I know about love, family, and the meaning of Christmas. So if he thinks it’ll be easy to push me out, he’s wrong.

My Review: 5 Stars

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas to us! Yes, I know it's only September BUT it's never too early to start reading Christmas romances, right?! It's one of my favorite tropes! Add in the single parent trope and this girl right here is in heaven!

Where do I even begin with my review?! I absolutely adored this book! I had the hardest time putting it down and was getting irrationally angry when life was rudely interrupting my reading time. Adulting is SO overrated! πŸ˜‚

Growing up, life was tough for both Tess and Logan. Tess's parents were non-existent and her only support was her older sister, Nora. Logan's dad was abusive and his mom didn't do anything to stop it. After having to grow up the way they did, they were both determined to break the mold. They not only wanted to do better, but they wanted to be better. They wanted to be the kind of person they needed in their lives growing up. 

Y'all. I absolutely adored Tess, Logan, and little Sadie. I couldn't get enough of these three! I'm not going to lie, little Miss Sadie pretty much stole the show. Watching her relationship with Logan was seriously the cutest! She had him wrapped around her little finger before he and Tess ever started dating. Some of their scenes melted my heart! 😍 I also loved watching Tess and Logan grow together, forge their own path, and get their HEA. If there were ever a quote to describe how perfect Tess and Logan were for each other it would be, "Everyone comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack." πŸ’—

Was it all sunshine and roses? Heavens no! There were definite bumps along the way. Annoying, almost break your car kind of bumps named Jimmy. Y'all. I can't even with that man! He needed a swift kick in the butt with steel-toed boots and a knock upside the head with a cast iron skillet. Harsh? Maybe. But you guys are totally going to agree with me... I promise! πŸ˜‚

You guys, I absolutely hate when the series I love have to come to an end. It makes me so sad! I have loved getting to know the Kailua Marines and watching them all get their HEA's. They will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm excited to see a couple of familiar faces in the next series. It's one of those bonuses Ms. Mastorakos gives us. We never really have to say goodbye. It's more of a see you later. 

And speaking of Ms. Mastorakos... have I told you lately how amazing she is? Not only is she a favorite author and an auto-buy for me, but she's also one of the handful of authors that I no longer need to read the book blurb for. I know that what ever she writes, I am going to love! I cannot wait to get my hands on her next book baby! Beaufort, SC. here we come!

And of course I can't forget my casting. I personally think these two are pretty perfect. What about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment