Saturday, September 18, 2021

A Blind Date for the Marine by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

Blind dating for the digital age. What could go wrong?

When my best friend asks me to test his new dating app, I'm not sure it's a good idea. After all, I'm moving out of the country in six months. What's the point?

But he insists it's just to help him out, so I give it a shot. Plus, the mystery of it is kind of fun. There are no photos until you've been talking for thirty days, so it's all about the connection.

What I didn't expect was to immediately hit it off with a bookish charmer on the app at the same time as someone pretty similar in real life. Two women? Why couldn't this happen when I wasn't about to leave?

Now that I thought about it, BookishDreamer from the app reminds me a lot of Claire from the real world... wouldn't it be crazy if they were the same person?

Nah. What are the odds of that?

My Review: 5 Stars

*BREAKING NEWS* We interrupt your sacred reading time to bring you this important message.

Book Dragons. Drop whatever you are reading, head on over to Amazon, and grab a copy of A Blind Date for the Marine. Fans everywhere agree... this enchanting story is one you will NOT want to miss!

Oh my heart! Y'all! I can't even begin to tell you how much I adored this book! From the moment I picked it up, I was a goner. There was no turning back for me. I just HAD to see how Claire and Mateo's love story would unfold. I have to say... I was NOT disappointed!

There's no denying the spark between Claire and Mateo. But for various reasons, their mutual attraction hasn't gone anywhere. When Amy asks Claire, and Dex asks Mateo, to be their test dummies for their new dating app (with the stipulation that they can't tell anyone about what they are doing), they both go into it with zero desire of finding love. But from the very first message, everything changed.

*dreamy sigh*

You guys... I couldn't get enough of Claire and Mateo! It was fun watching them get to know each other through messages. I think I was just as excited as they were to read them. I literally had to force myself to not look ahead and read the messages. I'm not going to lie, the struggle was real! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh the feels! The feels were definitely real in this one! Laughing, crying (sad and happy tears), frustration, swooning, you name it and I felt it. Is it any wonder why I'm obsessed with this series? It's just SO good! I know I said that I had a feeling Huck's book was going to be my favorite, but I lied. Claire and Mateo's story is really going to be hard to top! I seriously love these two! ๐Ÿ˜

Y'all if you're a fan of You've Got Mail then you are going to love this book! But just a warning... you're going to want to watch the movie when you're done reading this book! Just ask me. I'm currently watching it as I type this. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ms. Mastorakos has hit it out of the park with this one! This is a prime example of why she's an auto-buy and favorite author of mine. Y'all. I'm telling you... if you haven't read any of her books yet, you are definitely missing out! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

And for my casting... I'm in love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment