Thursday, April 21, 2022

The Queen with No Name by JJ Makenzie


Synopsis:

She was born to be a queen, yet she’s nothing more than a political pawn. With no name and no place to call her own, she’s doing her best to hold on to the only thing that belongs to her and her alone—her soul. A difficult task, given that she was kept alive for the sole purpose of being given to the formidable King Rowan of Northrend to fulfill the treaty signed by the three kingdoms of the Greatland long before she was born. She must bear his heirs in the hopes of keeping the delicate peace that continually lies on the precipice of collapse. What she doesn’t know is that she’s not just the key to peace—she’s the key to war.
 
King Rowan’s entire life has been spent protecting his beloved kingdom and people. All he wishes for is an unassuming wife to bear his heirs and leave him unaffected. But the princess with no name haunts him with her beauty and unyielding spirit. Torn between breaking her and loving her, he puts his kingdom at risk each passing day he goes without a legitimate heir.
 
But there are more than hearts and souls on the line; danger lurks around every corner. Threats from within and without Northrend make it difficult to know who they can trust. The paramount question is, can they trust each other? Will the king finally name his queen, or will she tear his world apart? Her names comes with a price. Who will pay it?

Author JJ Makenzie presents an achingly beautiful coming of age story with a romance that will curl your toes and leave you longing for more.

My Review: 5+ Stars!

Some of you know that I am overly protective of the authors I love. I will defend them and protect them in any way I can. I know there's a lot of people who have been dying to get their hands on this book, but I'm going to be really blunt. I really don't want the clean romance community to read this book. I don't want reviewers to read this book expecting something and then ripping the book and author apart because this is NOT what they were expecting.

So real talk y'all. If you have a problem with urine, periods, swearing, talk of sex without using the word sex, implications of sexual acts, abuse, and/or violent death, this book is not for you. I repeat... THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR YOU! I wouldn't consider this book clean, but I wouldn't consider it dirty either. It's hard to explain. It's real, it's raw, it's gritty, but it's a beautiful coming of age story.

Y'all. I don't even know where to begin with my review. This book is nothing like anything I've ever read before. From beginning to end, I was captivated and intrigued.

Being used as political pawns, Rowan and Princess are thrown into an arranged marriage with danger lurking all around them. Trying to wade through the rocky waters of marriage is hard enough without adding in all the lies, deceit, and lack of trust. And the moment feelings get involved? Game. Over.

The feels. All. The. Feels! What a rollercoaster of a ride! My heart was shattered into a million pieces! And I don't think it's fully healed yet. I've never hated and loved someone so much in my life. I may or may not have been seething a time or two, but oh how I loved this book! This is a book I'll be thinking about for a long time to come.

What an amazing debut novel for Ms. Makenzie! She did an amazing job of transporting me to Northrend where she proceeded to wreak havoc in my life and mess with my emotions. Talk about heart-wrenchingly beautiful. I am dying to get my hands on the next book! I cannot wait to see what happens next! 

And of course I can't forget my casting. Y'all. I. Am. In. Love! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment