Monday, April 25, 2022

The Bridesmaid by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

I’ve heard she’s always a bridesmaid and never a bride. But I’d make her mine, if she’d let me.

Three years ago, I left South Carolina and the woman I loved without looking back. Okay, that’s a lie. I’ve spent a fair amount of time imagining myself lounging under that Spanish moss with her.

Back then, we didn’t have a care in the world. It was simple. Easy. Right. In fact, I’d been about to propose. But then I found out I had a kid I didn’t know about. And just like that, everything changed.

Now, as a single dad, I’m back in town with one thing on my mind: Make it right with Layla, or go down trying.

My Review: 5 Stars

Oh my heart! Y'all! I can't even with this book right now! I absolutely adored it! There's just something about a small town, second chance, single parent romance that has me letting out all the little dreamy sighs. If you ask me, this book is absolute perfection!

Layla's heart was crushed into a million pieces the day Zac broke up with her and then disappeared without a trace. Left to wonder what in the world just happened, Layla finds herself desperate to get over Zac. She has spent the last 3 years going on endless dates, but forgetting him and moving on is proving to be impossible.

The heart wants, what the heart wants and Zac's wants Layla. He knows that he screwed up big time by leaving with no explanation but Fate has offered him a second chance with Layla. Giving up is not an option. They were meant to be together and he's going to do everything in his power to make that happen.

I knew the moment I started this book that I was going to have the hardest time putting it down. I found myself sneaking in reading whenever I could, staying up way past my bedtime, and waking up even earlier to see these two finally get their HEA. 

These two love fiercely and are not afraid to express their feelings, whether good or bad. Gah! I seriously love Layla and Zac! And I can't forget little Grayson! He's the cutest kid ever! I loved the relationship he had with his dad and Layla. So. Sweet!

I think this is now my new favorite book in this series. As soon as I finished it, I wanted to read it all over again. I really didn't want this book to end! I can't wait to see more of these three in Lindy and Beau's book. Y'all. I have a feeling we're going to be in for a wild ride when it comes to those two! Eeeeeeek!

Ms. Mastorakos has done it again! She never ceases to amaze me. I am in awe of her talent. She has a way of capturing the reader and not letting them go until the very end. There's a reason why she's one of my favorite authors. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

And of course, we can't forget my casting. I know I say this a lot but, I am seriously in love with these two! What do you think?

2 Comments:

  1. The casting is amazing, as usual! Thank you so much for reading, and for this fabulous review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... thank you! I have been wanting to use these two for awhile now and they just fit for Layla and Zac. 😊 And you are very welcome! It feels like Christmas every time one of your books shows up in my email! ❤️

      Delete