Wednesday, April 27, 2022

The Scarlet Rose by Valia Lind

 

Synopsis:

A mafia heiress. A desperate bargain. A cursed wolf prince without hope.

Nikita has one goal in life: to take her father’s place in the Bratva syndicate. While her sisters want nothing more than advantageous marriages to wealthy men, Nikita wants control of her own life.

But when her father is tricked into a bargain with Gavriil, the prince of Skazka, to protect her family's legacy, Nikita has no choice but to steal the portal ring and take his place.

Within the walls of the castle, she finds a spoiled royal, hallways filled with strange statues, and a magic she didn’t know existed.

Tasked with finding a way to break the curse, Nikita spends hours pouring over ancient texts, looking for answers — and a way out.

Her one reprieve is her music. After finding the hidden piano room, she takes her refuge there. Soon, so does Gavriil. Suddenly, the broody enemy is becoming a friend—or something more.

Passions ignite and Nikita must do all she can to save the prince and his people from the curse that could destroy them.
Time is running out. Each day, Gavriil turns more and more into a wolf, losing his human emotions and memories.

If Nikita can’t break the curse, there will be no trace of Gavriil left, and he’ll become the monster he’s always feared himself to be—forfeiting his humanity, and heart, forever.

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. I did it again. For the most part I went into the book blind. All I knew about the book was this... A mafia heiress. A desperate bargain. A cursed wolf prince without hope.

To say I was intrigued would be an understatement. I quickly downloaded the book and dove right in. I absolutely loved this unique retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I was hooked from the very beginning and had the hardest time putting it down. I really did not want the book to end. 

Nikita and Gavriil are fantastic! They're both loyal, kind, loving, fiercely protective of the ones they love, and will do anything in their power to make sure the people they care about most are happy. I loved their witty banter and their back and forth. Gavriil didn't know what to do with Nikita at times. It was hilarious! I have to say that these two are pretty perfect for each other and I loved seeing them get their HEA.

I was feeling all the feels with this book. I absolutely love when an author can literally make me feel the same way the characters are feeling. It makes the book more real to me, like I'm sitting right there with them experiencing everything they are. It's the best feeling in the world! 

This is my first book by Ms. Lind and I will definitely be reading more by her. If I'm being honest, she had me at her author's note in the very beginning. Not only did it help me to become fully invested in the book, but it made it even that much more real to me. It was amazing. I definitely cannot wait to get my hands on the rest of this series! 

As for my casting, I'm kinda really loving these two. What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment