Sunday, May 1, 2022

Collateral Damage by Rebecca Deel

 

Synopsis:

After a second kidnapping attempt upends her life and a friend goes missing, Sage Reynolds partners with her childhood hero to unmask the culprit. When the search for clues leads to an inescapable trap, she’ll need a battle-hardened warrior to escape.

Fortress Security operative Brody Weaver is a protector to the bone. When Sage is targeted by a deadly adversary, Brody volunteers to safeguard the woman he adores. Once a web of betrayal and lies sets them on a collision course with a dangerous human trafficking ring, saving Sage becomes Brody’s only mission.

My Review: 3.5 Stars

Sage and Brody have been best friends since they were teenagers. Both have feelings for each other but were afraid to ruin their friendship if it didn't work out. But the moment danger came knocking on Sage's door, Brody decided the fear of losing her was worse than the fear of rejection. He'd do anything to have the privilege of having Sage by his side for the rest of their lives. But before they can get to their HEA, they'll have to face the danger dogging their heels head on. And no one had better stand in their way.

Y'all. I love the Texas Team! We have seen glimpses of them in other books and now we finally get to see them in action. The Texas Team is a special one. Not only do each of them have their own unique set of skills, they are also the only Fortress Security team to have never been in the military. Their background is all law enforcement. I'm excited to see what they will bring to the teams.

This was a good start to seeing into the lives of the Texas Team. Within this book you get a sneak peek into who two of Brody's teammates will be wooing. Since this book didn't really tie up all the lose ends, I'm guessing it will continue on in their books.

While I enjoyed this book, I have to admit that it was a bit predictable. To me, it seems like the same pattern is followed for every book. I guess in a way it's kind of nice to know what I'm getting into, but I would love to be caught off guard and on the edge of my seat because I don't know what's going to happen next.

Romantic suspense is one of my favorite genres to read. Sadly, there aren't very many clean authors who write what I enjoy. So whenever a book by Ms. Deel is released, my schedule is cleared and real life just ceases to exist until I get to see that HEA at the end of the book. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Texas Team. It's been a long time coming!

As for my casting.... *dreamy sigh* Love them! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment