Monday, May 16, 2022

The Dragon Finds Forever by Kristen Painter


Synopsis:

Monalisa Devlin is a Will O’ The Wisp, a rare and potentially dangerous creature. Unfortunately, her greedy father makes sure she lives up to that potential. Monalisa is magically compelled to obey her father's evil commands--until he finally agrees to free her in exchange for one, last mission: Travel to Nocturne Falls and use her powers to force Ivan Tsvetkov back into the ring.

Once a champion on the supernatural MMA circuit, Ivan 'The Hammer' Tsvetkov retired after a devastating injury that left him unable to shift into his dragon form. Wounded and embittered, Ivan wants nothing more than to be left alone. Until an infuriating, stubborn, delicately beautiful stranger shows up on his doorstep and demands that he rebuild his life.

Posing as a rehab therapist seemed like the easiest way to get close to the smoldering recluse, but Monalisa quickly realizes that nothing about this mission is going to be easy. To gain his trust, she shares more of herself than she ever has before, and as their connection deepens, so does the weight of her secrets. She thought she was willing to do whatever it took to win her independence...but when her deception blows up in her face, will Monalisa discover that the loss of Ivan's heart is too high a price to pay? Or will their love rise from the ashes to burn stronger than ever?

My Review: 5 Stars

Confession. I almost skipped over this book. I'm not sure why, but it just wasn't calling to me. And then I started reading it. Y'all. I'm so glad I decided to give it a try.

Monalisa has been controlled by her father her entire life. No matter what she does, he refuses to let her go. She's too valuable to him and his world full of greed. With yet another "promise" of giving her her freedom, she heads to Nocturne Falls to help his prize MMA fighter heal and get him back in the ring.

Van has been undefeated in the ring until a fight gone wrong leaves him injured and unable to shift into his Dragon form. He can't bring himself to enter into the ring again so he makes the tough decision to retire. But when Monalisa shows up on his doorstep with a story of helping him or losing her job, his protective instincts kick in and Fate takes over from there.

I really enjoyed Monalisa and Van's story. I loved that, even though Monalisa was brought up by horrible parents, she never once wanted to be like them. She stood up to them whenever she could and tried to always do what was right. Van was the perfect champion for her. It didn't take long for his protective instincts to kick in. His desire to treat her like she was the most precious person in the world had this girl letting out all the dreamy sighs.

I am definitely hooked on this series and there's no going back. I loved seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I cannot wait to dive back in to Nocturne Falls. Only a couple more books to get through before I can start Marigold's book. I cannot wait! 

The books by Ms. Painter just keep getting better and better. I cannot tell you how happy I am that she already has lots for me to choose from! Y'all. It feels like Christmas! 

And of course I can't forget my casting. *dreamy sigh* I love them! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment