Saturday, May 14, 2022

The Vampire's Fake Fiancée by Kristen Painter

 

Synopsis:

Sebastian Ellingham isn’t known for being a happy vampire. And when his long estranged wife comes to town expecting to pick up where they left off, things take a sharp turn toward cranky. Sure he’s been protecting her for centuries, but her assumption that he’s still available (he is) rankles.

His answer is to hire a woman to play his fiancée. The lucky victim is Tessa Blythe, sister of one of the town’s deputies, librarian in need of a job and, oh yes, reluctant Valkyrie. Playing along with Sebastian is all about the end game for her, the position of Dean of Library Studies at the local private academy.

When unexpected sparks fly between them, they agree to mutually deny the attraction. Fate, however, has other plans…

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. I lied. Sebastian and Tessa are my new favorites in this series. Tall, dark, handsome, and broody? Ummm... yes please! 

I have been intrigued with Sebastian from the very beginning. There's just something about him that pulls you in and makes you want to be the one who understands him. After hearing how horrible (understatement of the century) his estranged wife is, I knew it was going to take someone pretty amazing to bring love and happiness into his life. 

And Tessa was just that. She's a Valkyrie and has been hiding her powers since an unfortunate accident happened when she was a teenager. Being a Valkyrie, she's able to sense people's intentions and whether they are lying or not. Because of this, she was able to see past Sebastian's grumpy gruffness to his heart and see not only who he really is under that tough exterior, but what he really needs in his life.

Tessa and Sebastian didn't know it at the time their "arrangement" began, but they're the best thing that's happened to each other. I loved watching them push each other to see past the heartache and the pain and realize just how truly strong and amazing they really are. Fate knew what she was doing when she brought these two together. 

This is a phenomenal addition to the Nocturne Falls series. I swear, the more I read, the better the books get. Series like this make my heart smile! I cannot wait to dive into Roxy and Alex's book next. 

Ms. Painter is doing an excellent job of sucking me in to her world. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I finally gave her books a try. They're just what the doctor ordered!

Y'all. I may or may not be a bit bias, but I am loving these two! What do you think?!


Content: PG, mild language, innuendo, swoony kisses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment