Friday, May 13, 2022

The Professor Woos the Witch by Kristen Painter


Synopsis:

Pandora Williams is Nocturne Falls’ most successful real estate agent. And least successful witch. Her magic never has the intended outcome, but she’s learned to live with that. Mostly. Yes, it sucks, but what can she do? Then a hot new neighbor shows up and suddenly her magic works. Very cool, but very suspect. Especially since he’s a total non-believer.

Cole Van Zant likes practicality and absolutes. Things he can see and touch. So not magic. But when his teenage daughter insists she’s a witch—and they’re now living in a town that celebrates Halloween every day—he needs help. Of the witchy variety. Thankfully, his sexy neighbor buys into all that hocus pocus.

Enlisting her help seems like a great idea until spending time together reveals a supernatural surprise about who Cole really is. A secret even he didn’t know. Could Pandora and Cole really be meant for one another or is their attraction too much to believe?

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. I think I've found my new favorite book in the series! I literally could not put this book down. I kept telling myself... just one more chapter... just one more chapter... until it was almost 1am and I had finished the book. I'm now running on about 3 hours of sleep but, we all know, sleep is overrated.. 😉

Cole and his daughter, Kaley, moved to Nocturne Falls after he inherited his great-uncle's house. His plan is to renovate it and then sell it. And this needs to happen fast. Kaley is talking about being a witch, coming into her powers, and when Cole doesn't believe her, she runs away and ends up at Pandora's house.

Pandora's magic has been "broken" her entire life. It never fails to go awry whenever she uses it. It isn't until she meets Cole and Kaley that it starts acting the way it should. Trying to figure out why that is, is going to be a bit difficult seeing as she can't stand the man.

Add in a crazy ex, a meddling ghost, overprotective family members, and a man who has zero clue what he is, and you've got the makings of the perfect break from reality.

Y'all. This book is fantastic! I adored Pandora and Cole. Watching them go from extreme dislike to like to love had this girl letting out all the little dreamy sighs. Unlike the other books I've read so far in this series, these two don't jump right in bed together. They focus more on getting to know each other and seeing if they're compatible because if they're wrong, there will be consequences to pay.

I'm still really enjoying this series. Nocturne Falls is my new favorite destination. I loved seeing some old friends and learning about new ones. I can't wait to see who's story is up next!

I really don't know why it took me so long to give Ms. Painter a try, but I'm glad I finally did. It's been nice not having to scroll through my kindle or search Amazon for new books and/or authors. Makes my life so much easier.. 😉

And of course we can't forget my casting. I think these two are pretty perfect.


Content: PG, mild language, innuendo, swoony kisses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment