Saturday, September 17, 2022

Battleshipped by Savannah Scott

 

Synopsis:

I am not in love with my ex-boyfriend ... I'm not.

You know those stories where high school sweethearts reunite to find their happily-ever-after bliss together?

Well, that won't be me.

Sure, my ex-boyfriend, Rob, has the smolder down to a science, which makes sense, because to him, everything is science. He's a famous YouTuber, making a living using that beautiful brain of his.

He's destined for greatness ... which means he'll leave ... again.
And this time, I won't be falling for him.

The battle is on. Rob thinks he'll win me back, but I'm fighting him with all I've got.

My heart is locked up tight, behind an obstacle course with every booby trap imaginable ....
Wouldn't you know it? Rob happens to be an expert at finding his way around locks and obstacles. Just my luck.

My Review: 4 Stars

Raise your hand if you're a sucker for second chance romance. I don't know about you but, for me, there's just something about seeing the hero and heroine, who clearly still love each other, work out their differences and realize what's been missing in their lives since they said goodbye.

The road back to each other is never easy, just ask Laura and Rob. It takes time, patience, understanding, and love. And maybe swoony kisses thrown into the mix couldn't hurt. Before the book ends they'll have you believing that love is taking that second chance, that home is not a place but a person, and even though the journey can be scary and uncertain at times, it's well worth it when they finally get their HEA.

I do have to say that I really didn't feel the enemy to lovers vibe in this book. Maybe I missed it since I skipped over the first book in the series? It was a slow burn romance and y'all know how I feel about those. 🙈 But me missing that vibe didn't stop me from enjoying Laura and Rob's journey. It had all the feels that I've come to love in second chance romances.

I am really enjoying this series. Bordeaux (pronounced Bored-Ox) is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to visit, but fictional small towns usually are. Aiden's book is up next and I cannot wait to dive in! Thank goodness I have leftovers planned for dinner. Otherwise, I wouldn't be eating tonight! 😂

Ms. Scott is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I keep asking myself why in the world I waited so long to give her books a try. They are definitely swoony and full of kisses, both of which I love! I cannot wait to see what she she has planned for us next!

As for my casting, I pretty much saw these two from the very beginning. I love them! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment