Thursday, September 15, 2022

Censorshipped by Savannah Scott

 

Synopsis:

I am finally over my crush on Duke. Completely done.

Duke’s always been like a big brother to me … a big brother with abs of steel, a heart of gold, and those dimples that make my heart rate double whenever he smiles.

As far as Duke's concerned, I’ll always be his best friend Chris’ little sister—the little girl who dunked his Darth Vader action figure in Elmers glue and glitter.

Even if Duke noticed me, it wouldn’t matter. I’m so off limits, I may as well be wearing an outfit made entirely of caution tape. We both know Chris would enlist a special ops tactical team to hunt Duke down if he ever pursued anything beyond friendship with me.

Good thing I’m over Duke. One hundred percent attraction-free, that’s me. Well, mostly … until I accidentally send him one of my usual scrambled texts (thank you, autocorrect) … and he thinks I’m hitting on him.

I’m mortified enough to momentarily consider relocating someplace obscure like Greenland. I can never show my face around town again. I’ll buy a parka and an ice pick and learn to love fish. A lot.

But then Duke answers my text …
Am I dreaming? He’s not mad. He’s not even making fun of me.
In fact, it seems like he might be flirting back

I guess I might not be completely over this crush after all.

Just don’t tell my brother.

My Review: 5+ Stars!

Shannon has been in love with Duke for years. But with him being her brother's best friend, he's off limits. Unbeknownst to her, he feels the same way. But again, off limits. Do you see where this is going? I think you do. Once their feelings come out, there's no turning back. And I just have one thing to say... let the swooning begin!

Oh my heart! Y'all! I can't even with all the swooniness! I. Can't. Even! Where should I begin? I do have to warn you, this is going to be one of those gushing reviews. But you guys, I can't help it! This book had absolutely everything I want in the books I read! 😍

All the feels? ✓ Swoony? ✓ Lots of kisses? ✓ Giggled/laughed out loud? ✓ Let out all the little dreamy sighs? ✓ Butterflies in my tummy? ✓ Big gestures? ✓ Witty banter? ✓

Eeeeeek! Y'all. I could not get enough of Shannon and Duke! Between their banter, text messages, smokin' hot kisses, sweet moments, seeing each other in a way no one has before, and did I mention their smokin' hot kisses? They are absolutely perfect for each other! Was their relationship all sunshine and roses? Nope. But that's one of the things that makes them perfect for each other. They know just what to say and do to make things right. I loved spending every single minute I could with them and have to admit that I did not want their book to end! It's just that good!

This is my first book by Ms. Scott and I can say it will NOT be my last! I'm excited to go back and read the other books in this series. And I'm definitely looking forward to Jayme's book. I have a feeling sparks are definitely going to be flying between Mr. Grumpy and Ms. Sunshine. Add in Mr. Grumpy being a single dad? Eeeeeeeek! I. Can. Not. Wait! 

As for my casting, y'all. I'm not going to lie. I was too busy swooning to even picture these two but now that I do, I'm in love! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment