Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Christmas with the Boy Next Door by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

He's a Marine turned small-town cop, and she's the single mom next door. Can the magic of Christmas unite them even with all that stands in their way?

Marine veteran Jack Rhodes returns to Snow Hill, PA to join the local police force. It's a good gig because it means he'll be close to his sister and her growing family, but taking this job has other perks, too, like living next door to his sister's best friend.

Robin McBride is determined to give her daughter a happy, stress-free life. So even though she's had a crush on Jack since the day they met, he's a police officer now, making him off-limits. Her late husband worked for the same department and died in the line of duty. There's no way she'll put her daughter—or herself—through that again.

As they grow closer over hot cocoa and holiday traditions, Jack knows he needs a Christmas miracle to convince Robin to risk her heart. And when her past comes back to haunt her, he’ll do anything to show her he’s worth believing in.

My Review: 5 Stars

Have you ever picked up a book, started reading it, and instantly knew you were going to have the hardest time putting it down? Well, that's what happened to me with this book. The world around me ceased to exist and I was immersed in all things Jack, Robin, and Abby. I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved these three!

Jack and Robin have known each other for a few years but because of Jack's profession, Robin has done everything in her power to keep her distance from him whenever he's in town. But all that changes when he moves to Star Hill to be closer to family and ends up buying the house right next door to her. Fate has something special in store for these two and all I can say is bring on the swooning and dreamy sighs. Their journey from friends to love to happily ever after is absolutely beautiful!

And I can't forget little Abby. She is adorable! She stole my heart from the very beginning. I loved watching her relationship with Jack develop. From her first unexpected hug to pizza on a bad day to snowmen to the ball to Christmas morning. Y'all, it was so sweet! I loved that he made her such a big part of his relationship with Robin. Have I mentioned how much I love these three?

Confession. I have not read the first book in this series. ๐Ÿ™ˆ How in the world did that happen?! Yes, this one can standalone, but you better believe I'll be reading Nick and Holly's book ASAP! And I cannot wait to get my hands on Tommy's book! I was secretly hoping he'd get one! ๐Ÿ˜

Okay. It's official. I think Ms. Mastorakos needs to start writing romantic suspense. It's hard for me to find authors who write clean, secular romantic suspense so whenever I get even the slightest taste of it from a favorite author, I instantly want more! She is a natural and had me hooked from beginning to end. I'm really hoping we get to see more books like this from her. ๐Ÿ˜Š

And for my casting... *dreamy sigh* I'm in love! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment