Saturday, November 19, 2022

The Holiduel by Hailey Gardiner

 

Synopsis:

When my pastry school rival, Finn Calloway, suddenly reappears back in the Nashville food scene, all of my plans are thrown off. Turns out we’re both stuck working out of the same commercial prep kitchen during the holidays. To top it off, Finn’s Canadian crepe truck is getting booked at events left and right, stealing my thunder and my gigs.

The coals of our competition start to burn again, made red hot by my resentment over the fact that he kissed me five years ago and then ditched town. Never making the effort to talk to me again.

But the more time I spend around Finn, the more I begin to see a different side of him. I’m tempted to set aside our rivalry and give him a second chance. Which I definitely can’t do. Because even though it might land me a permanent spot on Santa’s naughty list, I’d rather be a winner than a forgiver.

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. I can't believe these words are about to come out of my mouth for this second chance, slow burn romance. Are you ready?! 

Oh holy cuteness Batman! I absolutely adored this book! I was sucked in from the very beginning and refused to put the book down until the very end! It was the perfect break from reality!

Ava and Finn have a bit of history together. It all started back in culinary school and ended with a kiss on graduation that rivaled any kiss either of them had ever had. And then nothing. For five years. Five very long years where Ava definitely did not hold a grudge against Finn. Nope. Not. At. All. And she definitely doesn't have any issues whatsoever with Finn coming back to town and stealing the holiday gig she really wanted. None. What. So. Ever. Well. Maybe just a teeny tiny bit. 

Y'all. Bring on the all the sass and witty banter. I couldn't get enough of Ava and Finn. There was chemistry aplenty between these two whether they wanted to admit it or not. I loved watching them work out their past and get their HEA. It was full of laughs and all the dreamy sighs. Gah! I love these two!

A bit of advice for readers. Do not read this book if you're hungry or if you currently have a sweet tooth. All the yummy goodness mentioned in this book will drive you crazy! I may or may not want to try some of the deliciousness that Ava and Finn made. 

It's no secret that I am not a fan of slow burn romances. This book was so well written that I didn't even realize it was one until closer to the end. Any author who can get me to read a slow burn without knowing it's a slow burn definitely deserves all the stars. 

This was my first book by Ms. Gardiner and it definitely will not be my last. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series. 

And of course my review wouldn't be complete without my casting. I'm loving these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment