Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Doctorshipped by Savannah Scott

 

Synopsis:

I’m the absolute last remaining single woman in the entire town of Bordeaux.
Okay, maybe not the very last.
Just the last one with all her teeth, natural hair color, and the ability to remember where I set my keys.

I decided years ago that I’m going to remain single until my dying day.
I’ll infuse a new, hip meaning into the term “old cat lady.”
I don’t need a man.
I’ve got my bulldog, my cats and some of the best friends in the world.
My cup’s not half-full—It’s overflowing.

My man-free life is going along fine until the day I walk into my new job as a part-time tutor to the daughter of the new doctor in town. The sight of this man is making my skin tingle and my breath hitch, and something very much like butterflies are erupting in my stomach.
Butterflies!
I don’t do butterflies over a man.

My reaction doesn’t mean I need to change my stance on men. After all, Grant’s a broody, stern, cantankerous man. If I were going to start dating, it certainly wouldn’t be someone who obviously hasn’t smiled since he was forced to for school pictures.

But then his daughter walks in the room and his face lights up.
That smile. Who knew swooning was a real thing?
Still, I’m not dating. And that’s final.

My Review: 5 Stars

I was having one of those days where I didn't want to do anything except curl up and read the day away. I had no clue what I was going to read until I turned on my Kindle and saw this baby sitting there waiting for me to dive in. So dive in I did... and finished it in about 8 hours. 🙈

There's no better feeling than opening up a much anticipated book and being instantly transported to one of your favorite fictional places. A place where the world around you ceases to exist and, just for a little while, you can forget all your worries and just live in the moment with some of your favorite characters. These moments and books are ones I will always treasure.

From the very beginning I fell in love with all things Jayme, Grant and Fiona. Their meet-cute is probably one of my favorites this year. You can't help but fall in love with these three and root for them to discover their happily ever after. Their journey did have a few bumps along the way, and it took them a little while to get there, but they did. It was real, it was raw, it was beautiful, and it was definitely worth it.

Y'all. I was feeling all the feels in this one. And by all the feels, I mean ALL the feels! I was so engrossed in the book that I didn't even realize I was doing the same thing the characters were doing. I found myself getting teary-eyed, laughing out loud, giggling, and letting out all kinds of little dreamy sighs. I love when an author can make me feel like I am right there with the characters, listening to them tell me their story. It's one of my favorite things about reading!

I loved seeing and catching up with all my old friends from the previous books in this series. They made the book even better than it already was! And now the countdown begins for Brooks' book. Eeeeeek! I can't wait to see what Ms. Scott has in store for him! Just a little reminder for myself... *Writing takes time. Writing takes time. Writing takes time.*

Ms. Scott has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I don't even read the synopsis anymore. I just one-click that baby, sit back, and enjoy whatever ride she wants to take us on next! She is amazing! If you haven't read any of her books yet, I highly recommend checking them out!

As for my casting... I am loving these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment