Wednesday, December 21, 2022

How to Kiss Your Grumpy Boss by Jenny Proctor

 

Synopsis:

Perry Hawthorne is my boss. Only my boss. And I do NOT have a crush.

When one of THE Hawthorne brothers—known by their chiseled jawlines and their family-run farm and event center—hires me to be his virtual assistant, I do everything I can to keep him firmly in the work zone.

His grumpy demeanor helps.

His smoking hot profile picture does not.

But even if I do have a crush (a very tiny one), I can’t catch real feelings for a million different reasons.

Besides the whole business part of our relationship, I’m a single mom. I have to think about what’s best for my son, Jack. And my grumpy, divorced, humorless boss isn’t exactly giving me “ready to be a stepdad” vibes.

When Perry upgrades me from virtual to in-person assistant, I wonder if I’ve gotten him all wrong. He’s actually pretty great with Jack. And with me? Let’s just say the chemistry crackling between us might vaporize all my reasons for keeping my distance.

Trouble is, after his messy divorce, I’m not sure Perry’s ready to bet on a new relationship. But it isn’t just my heart that’s on the line. It’s Jack’s, too. And after everything we went through before my husband died, I’m not sure that’s a gamble I’m ready to take, no matter how desperate Jack is for a daddy.

My Review: 5 Stars

*WARNING* Make sure you clear your schedule before you even think about starting this book. Trust me!

My first thought when I woke up this morning was... I'm just going to read a couple of chapters and then I'll get up and get ready for the day. After a couple of chapters I thought... just a couple more chapters. A couple more chapters later I had to force myself out of bed to eat breakfast and then I went right back to reading... just a couple more chapters. Y'all. I stayed curled up in my pjs all day long telling myself just a couple more chapters until I finished the book. I was so engrossed in the book that I didn't realize until I was cooking dinner that I didn't eat anything for lunch. Oops! 🙈

From the very beginning I fell in love with all things Perry and Lila. It wasn't hard to root for them. They were easy to relate to and they just felt real to me. Their relationship had the ups and downs that come with dating a single parent. I loved how they pushed and helped each other to become better and more confident. Watching these two get their HEA turned me into a big ol' pile of goo. 🥰

And of course I can't forget little Jack! He quickly stole my heart and had me laughing at his antics. I mean how can you resist becoming his stairdad?! Gotta love a kid who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to go after it. 😉

Y'all. I may or may not have started crying at one point but then I may or may not have started swooning and letting out all kinds of little dreamy sighs. Oh who am I kidding with the may or may not's?! This book had me feeling all the dang feels! And I loved every single minute of it! 

You guys know how much I love amazing side characters and this one was full of them! Perry seriously has the best family! They had me wishing I could be apart of it. Haha. I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series. I have a feeling it's going to be one of my favorites that I'll be reading over and over again! 

Okay. Confession time. This is my first book by Ms. Proctor and I'm sitting here trying to figure out why in the world it has taken me so long to pick up her books. Talk about being late the the party! But don't worry. This will not be the last one I read. I've already preordered the next book in this series and downloaded some of her other books. I can't wait to dive in!

And of course I can't forget my casting! I seriously love these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment