Friday, June 10, 2016

Flashback Friday #2


I'm a little late posting this but hey! Better late than never, right?! ;)

This week's Flashback Friday post is from 2013! After reading my review I think I want to read it again! And I'm still holding out hope that this series will continue! ;)


Synopsis:

When Evie falls in love with Calvin Knight, their young, virtuous romance conjures a truly wicked spell.

Evie always thought her eighteenth year would be magical, but so far it's not what she hoped for. Her best friend has gone wild, her love life is void, and she misses her mom more than ever. But life for Evie is about to change. Calvin Knight, the object of her fascination, is about to fall madly in love with her. Just one problem: Their love conjures a murderous woman from beyond the grave who wants Evie dead. The same demon who has haunted the Knight men for over four generations. Soon Calvin is forced to make a choice: Set Evie free and hope to evade the wrath of The Raven- haired Ghost, or use his newly gifted strengths to fight against her. If he chooses to fight and wins, Calvin will free the Knight men of this demonic witch. If he loses, Evie will become her next victim

My Review: 5 Stars

I have to admit that I stumbled upon Evie's Knight by pure accident and after reading the synopsis I was very intrigued. I remember reading it out loud to one of my co-workers and, after expressing my desire to give it a try, seeing the look of complete shock on her face. You see... this is not a book that I would typically read. I am not into ghost type stories. In fact, this is only the second "ghost" book that I have ever made it through. And I'm glad that I did! I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

I have been in that dreaded reading slump lately and was getting desperate for a really good book! So desperate in fact that on my lunch I was literally reading the first chapter to the books on my Kindle in hopes that something would jump out and grab me. And the moment I read Evie's encounter at the gas station I was hooked! It was hilarious! At that point the book turned into a movie in my head. I was able to feel every single emotion that the characters were feeling. I was happy... sad... angry... depressed... in love... scared... you name it and I more than likely felt it! Don't you just love it when that happens?!

I loved Evie! Her life hasn't always been peaches and cream but she has this way of picking herself back up, brushing the dirt off and moving forward. It's never easy but she just knows that in the end, everything will be okay. She starts to feel complete and everything kind of just falls into place when Calvin comes into her life.

Speaking of Calvin... *insert dreamy sigh here while shaking my head* Oh how I loved him! But then... I hated him! But then... I loved him again! That man was wrecking havoc on my emotions! At one point he thought he was protecting Evie and doing what was best by breaking up with her. (Oh... and P.S. I'm off to the side yelling at him and calling him all kinds of names! Scum sucking dog was the first to come out! LOL.) But then, with the help of his brother Parker, he realizes that he was wrong and he needs her in his life just as much as she needs him. (And yes... at that point I apologized and started loving him again! Hehe.) I loved how after he reaches that decision, Evie shows up at his house to confront him and pretty much just lays into him. It was amazing! I was cheering her on the entire time! :o)

And Barker! I mean Packer! Oh wait.. no... it's Parker! (LOL! I love Fiona!) He was a Mr. Darcy for me. I hated him in the beginning but then, as his character developed, he kind of grew on me and I could see exactly why he was the way he was. He turned out to be pretty amazing and yes... I loved him too! I think he really has met his match with Fiona! Can't wait to see where there story goes in Fiona's Fight! I can already tell that's going to be just as good! :o)

In the end, I am very glad I stumbled upon Evie's Knight and decided to give it a chance. Any author who can get me out of the dreaded reading slump is a keeper and needs to be added to my favorites list! Thank you Ms. Kimberly Krey! You have definitely been added to that list! Can't wait for your next adventure! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment