Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Seaside Kisses by Stacy Claflin



Synopsis:

People change, but some feelings last forever.

Rafael Hunter never thought he’d return to Kittle Falls, but life gave him no other choice. Los Angeles chewed him up, spit him out, and sent him back to square one.

Amara Fowler has lived in the small beach town her entire life. She’s overcome her shyness to grow into the woman she always knew she could be, but she never forgot her secret crush. When the alluring Rafael returns, he can’t help but stir in her a whirlwind of old feelings.

They’ve both changed so much. Has life kept them incompatible or has it molded them into a matching set?

My Review: 4 Stars

Growing up Amara was bullied because she was overweight and "nerdy". She was called names, had gum thrown in her hair, tripped while she was walking down the halls and tortured in any way the bullies could think of. In spite of all that, she grew up into an amazing woman. After high school she made several changes to her outer appearance, gained the confidence she was lacking and finally turned into the woman that she always knew she could be. When her old high school crush returns to Kittle Falls she will finally have the chance to catch his eye. But will he give the new Amara a chance or will he only see her as Four-Eyes Fowler?

Rafael never thought that he would ever return home to Kittle Falls. But when his business crumbles, through no fault of his own, he is in need of a fresh start far away from bad decision making business partners and cheating ex-girlfriends. He has definitely sworn off women for good. But when he runs into Amara for the first time in years, he has a hard time staying away. He can't believe that he had overlooked such an amazing person in high school. But with someone trying to sabotage his new business, will he have a chance to see where things can lead with Amara? Or will outside forces tear them apart for good?

I loved the relationship between Amara and Rafael! They both had their insecurities but they were the perfect fit for each other. And I enjoyed all the side characters. I can't wait to get to know them better.

I really enjoyed Seaside Kisses! It was a cute, fun, quick read. My only complaint is the ending. I wanted just a little bit MORE! I was bummed when it ended! This is my first book by Stacy Claflin and I can say without a doubt that I will be picking up more books by her! Starting with book 1 in this series... ;) I am not sure why I started with book 4 but it just kept calling my name until I gave in and read it. And I was glad I did! :)

And this casting... *dreamy sigh* I love them!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment