Sunday, January 1, 2017

Be Mine by Shannon Guymon


Synopsis:

Men are terrifying to Bailey Downing. Not that she wants anyone to know that, but with her mom insisting she fall in love and Kam Matafeo pushing her to feel things she doesn't want to feel, Bailey is determined to make a nice, safe choice. Dean Hogan is the perfect man for her. Smart, wealthy, charming and best of all, safe. But when her romance begins to unravel with Dean, she's faced with a choice: open her heart, or stay safe, cold and lonely. Kam is determined to help Bailey no matter what it takes and with the support of her sister Taryn and her brother Rob, she makes the decision to be brave. But Kam's ex-girlfriend Meredith isn't shy about wanting him back. Bailey will have to learn to fight for what she really wants. The question is, would she rather be safe or would she rather be loved.

My Review: 5 Stars

*dreamy sigh* I absolutely LOVE Be Mine! I have lost count on how many times I have actually read this book.

For those of you who have followed Shannon Guymon and her Fircrest series, you will know how hard this was for me to read again! But I felt like it was time! I needed to rip off the band-aid and just do it!

If you have NOT followed Shannon's Fircrest series you are missing out! You should definitely grab her series! But you MUST read them in order! Start with You Belong With Me and go from there. You can thank me later! 😉

Bailey has always intrigued me. She comes across as confident and strong. But part of me had a feeling that there was something going on with her... something that she is hiding... I just couldn't figure out what.

Kam takes one look at Bailey and knows that there is more to her then she lets on. He sees what she is busy hiding from everyone else... he sees HER. And he just knows that she is the one for him. He has a bit of a long road ahead of him to help her see that she deserves to be happy and loved but he is definitely up for the challenge.

You see, something horrible happened to Bailey when she was younger but she never told anyone anything about it. She kept it bottled inside because she was ashamed and didn't want it to hurt others in her family. But when she is assigned a story she has to make the tough choice of finally facing it and getting everything out in the open so that she can heal and move on... becoming a better and stronger person.

On top of all this going on with Bailey, she has to deal with Meredith... the psycho ex-girlfriend of Kam. All I have to say is WOW! What in the world happened to Meredith?! I knew that she was a feisty little thing but holy crow Batman!! She just went nuts!! But I do have to say I got a kick out of the cat fight between those two... it was awesome! Haha! They both are a little feisty... ;)

Once everything is out in the open and Bailey has faced it, she finally sees that she DOES deserve love and happiness. And she finds it in Kam. They had their fair share of ups and downs but in the end it was all worth it! And they are better together! These two are my most favoritest couple in the Love and Trust Trilogy!

As I said before Be Mine was just what I needed! It reassured me that even though there is evil in the world and no one is perfect... everyone deserves love and a chance to be happy! Love is not always easy but have a little faith in it... it can heal and make you whole again. <3

And as promised... my casting choices for Bailey and Kam...




2 Comments:

  1. I'm still hoping Shannon Guymon writes 1 more book in the Fircrest series! Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! On of her New Year's resolutions was to start writing again! Eeeeeeek! I can't wait! :)

      Delete