Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Stolen Breaths by Pamela Sparkman


Synopsis:

“I have dents, bruises, scars, and cracks so deep that it’s a wonder I’m not in a million pieces…”

Sometimes things aren't always what they seem. Sometimes pain lies underneath, buried so deep that for a moment you let yourself forget – until you can’t.

I didn't realize how numb I was until I started feeling again, and he made me feel – everything. Cooper Hudson came into my life when I needed him the most – twice.

This is my story. This is the story of us.

“It was funny how you never really realized how lifeless you were until someone came along and gave you that shock to the chest that forced your heart to start beating again.”

My Review : 5 STARS

Absolutely LOVED Stolen Breaths!! I think it was AMAZING!!

I have been thinking about this book all day trying to figure out how to express my thoughts and feelings about Stolen Breaths. And then I remembered a paragraph in the last chapter that pretty much sums it up. :o)

"The smile he wore while saying it told the story. The story of him, the story of me, the story of us. It is our story, the one we get to tell people when they ask how we met or when we fell in love. It is a story of sadness and heartbreak; of losing yourself in the shadows but finding yourself in the light. It is a story of losing what you wish you had never lost, but accepting that you did and allowing yourself to feel it. Even the parts you want to forget. Maybe even especially the parts you want to forget, because pain is something you have to go through in order to get to the other side. There are no secret doors, hidden passages, or trick walls. All you can do is bust through the middle and keep going. You'll come out with some bruises and maybe even a few scars, but it's the bruises and the scars that lets you know that you not only survived, but that you actually lived. And that's a story worth telling."

In the end Lily and Cooper did get their HEA, which I LOVED! But it was not with out trials and tribulations. My heart literally broke for both of them! What they had to endure was horrible! I found myself laughing and crying while reading their story. It is definitely one that I'll be reading over and over again! And I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for more books by Pamela Sparkman! She did an AMAZING job in my opinion!

Content-
Romance: Clean! Just kisses.
Language: Moderate. It wasn't in there that often but there are two scenes where the F-bomb is dropped. Given the intensity of those scenes I actually kind of expected that and just read it as "freaking" instead.
Violence: Mild to Moderate depending on the individual reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment