Thursday, February 21, 2019

Loving the Mountain Man by Jeanette Lewis


Synopsis:

He’s a big tough mountain man who doesn’t need anyone … except her.

Ledger Price spends his days doing what he loves–hiking, fishing, hunting, and exploring the mountains around his hometown of Tamarack Ridge, Montana, all while filming for his popular MyHeartChannel, Montana Mountain Man. The only downside is his daughter, Aubrey, who loves to come on his excursions, but also yearns for someone with a feminine touch. But Ledger is not relationship material; he tried with Aubrey’s mom discovered marriage is not worth giving up his freedom.

Brynn Ramsey is building a successful career as a real estate agent to the wealthy in San Clemente, California. Sure, it’s stressful, but Brynn figures it’s all part of paying her dues. When she starts having debilitating panic attacks, her mentor sends her home to Tamarack Ridge for some R&R. It’s only supposed to be for six weeks and then she’ll be back to the sunny beaches of Southern California. But when she reconnects with Ledger, her dreams begin to shift from palm trees to pines.

As their relationship grows more serious, Brynn and Ledger have to make a choice. Is love worth any sacrifice?

My Review: 5 Stars

Ledger Price loves his life in Tamarack Ridge. Not a lot of people can make a living doing what they love. But he happens to be one of them. Who knew his MyHeartChannel show, Montana Mountain Man, would be so popular? To him, there's no better job. He loves the solitude and peace he feels while in nature. Life is complete with his adorable daughter, Aubrey, and his show. Or at least he thought so until Brynn Ramsey shows back up in town. 

Brynn left her home in Tamarack Ridge as soon as she graduated from high school. She couldn't wait to get out and see the world. The small-town life never really appealed to her. But lately, she's been plagued with panic attacks that aren't showing any signs of stopping. In fact, they're only getting worse. In need of a vacation, she decides to head home to Tamarack Ridge to rest and recharge.

While filling in at her family's store, she reconnects with Ledger. If there was one guy in Tamarack she could fall for, it would be him. He has this mysterious air about him that seems to draw Brynn in. And she's not the only one effected by it. Ledger feels the connection as well.

Brynn is only home for 6 weeks, but a lot can happen in that amount of time. Ledger decides he's not going to pull back in fear of future pain. He's going to enjoy every minute he can with Brynn and hopefully what they feel for each other will grow into something more, something that will last a lifetime. 

But when Ledger goes on one of his filming trips without sharing a return date and Brynn is called back to California for the deal of a lifetime, they will both have to decide what's more important? Their jobs or each other? 

I adored Brynn, Ledger and the adorable Aubrey! I'm a sucker for single parent books and when the author includes the kids in various scenes, it just makes it that much more fun for me! This book had me laughing out loud and letting out little dreamy sighs. I love it when an author can do that! 

You guys... this was such a fun book! I really enjoyed it! I found myself sneaking in reading time whenever I could. I'm the girl that forgets to take breaks at work, but you better believe I didn't miss any while I was reading this book! Haha. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I am also looking forward to reading more by Ms. Lewis! Her books are always a fun break from reality! 

And of course I can't forget my casting. I have to admit that I really enjoyed finding Ledger... ;) Hehe. What do you think? 

2 Comments:

  1. Hooray ... I love your casting choices! You always nail it. Thank you so much for the kind words, I'm very glad you enjoyed the book! It was very fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. thank you! I think casting makes reviews fun! Hehe. And you are very welcome! You're books really are a fun break from reality!

      Delete