Saturday, February 23, 2019

Shadow Undercover by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

On a desperate search for her missing sister, Bridget Monihan is shot at and nearly blown up. With a target on her back and time running out, she appeals to a sniper and his black ops team for help. When someone driven by obsession counters their every move, Bridget plunges into an unfamiliar world in a last-ditch effort to save her sister.

After a mission goes wrong, Fortress Security operative Trace Young stumbles across an injured woman in a Chilean alley. Following a harrowing flight to safety, he discovers Bridget's quest and his new assignment intersect. To save innocent lives, Trace and Bridget must take the fight into the heart of enemy territory. If the operation fails, Trace will lose everything, including the woman he loves.

My Review: 5 Stars

Trace Young and Shadow are on a mission in Chile when they find themselves compromised. They don't know how it happened, but Pedro Torino's henchmen are on their heals. While trying to shake them, Trace finds himself moving from one stinky alley to another, trying to stay five steps ahead of them until his team can come to his rescue. 

While trying to hide in the shadows, he hears something that has him stopping in his tracks and searching for the sound. His blood runs cold when he comes across a woman who has clearly been beaten. He can't leave her their to fend off the Torino henchman. But in order for him to stop her from giving away their location, he'll either have to knock her out or scare her to death. Not knowing the extent of her injuries, he goes for scaring her. Hopefully he won't have to do too much convincing to keep her quiet. 

Bridget Monihan never imagined the hunt for her sister, Ruth, would leave her stranded and beaten in Chile. She doesn't know how she's going to get out of the sketchy area and back home but she knows she has to do something if she wants to stay alive. When a hand clamps around her mouth and she's pulled against a muscular chest, she thinks it's over. But Trace is quick to let her know that she's safe and as long as she does everything he tells her to, he'll make sure she gets home safe and sound. 

It comes as a surprise to Bridget and Trace that there's an instant connection between them. Neither of them can explain it and they aren't willing to admit it right away. But when sparks start flying, it gets harder to hide their growing feelings. 

But the moment Trace and Shadow hear that Bridget is in Chile to find her sister, who was taken by Hugo Torino, she becomes their next mission. They will do whatever it takes to bring her home safe. 

It goes against every fiber of Trace's being to let Bridget into the viper's den. He wants to keep her as far away from Torino as possible. But the only way to get her sister to go with them, is to have Bridget right their by their sides. Now that he's found the woman of his dreams, he'll do everything in his power to keep her safe and ensure they get the HEA they both deserve. 

*dreamy sigh*

What can I say about Shadow Undercover?! I loved it! Once I started it, I could NOT put it down! I have been dying to read Trace's book and knew it would take someone pretty special to steal his heart. And I couldn't be happier that it was Bridget! She was a pleasant surprise! From the very beginning she was spunky and positive and just what Trace needed in his life. These two quickly became favorites of mine! This book was face-paced and had me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't read fast enough! I just had to know what happened!

It's no secret that I love both the Fortress Security and Otter Creek series. Shadow Undercover was a fantastic addition to the series! I loved seeing old friends from previous books and I'm definitely looking forward to Ben's book! I have a feeling I know who his love interest is going to be... and I hope I'm right! It would be amazing to see him with her... ;)

Ms. Deel has done it again! Whenever she releases a book, I can't help be devour it! She can't write fast enough for me! I'm looking forward to reading more books by her! 

And let's just sit back for a minute or two to admire these two! They are perfect in my opinion... what do you think? 


Content: Mild violence. Clean romance... just swoony kisses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment