Friday, February 22, 2019

Charming the Mountain Man by Jeanette Lewis


Synopsis:

Colton Ramsey spends most of his days in the woods--guiding backpackers, hikers, and hunters on adventures through TR Outfitter's, his family-run business in Tamarack Ridge, Montana. Though he prefers to lead groups, Colton agrees over email to take Lee Bonzell on a solo elk hunt, for a premium price.

Only Lee turns out to be Leigh--a spunky female lawyer from Georgia with big green eyes and an accent like melted butter. Stung at being left behind too many times by her outdoorsy brothers, Leigh is on a mission to prove girls can do anything boys can do ... including bring home a bigger elk!

At first Colton refuses to go on a hunting trip alone with a woman, especially one with little hunting experience. After Leigh threatens legal action against him and the store, he reluctantly agrees. But just because he'll take Leigh on the hunt, doesn't mean he's going to take it easy on her.

Colton and Leigh face off in the Sawtooth Mountains. Both are expecting to emerge the victor, but neither expects that victory might mean love.

My Review: 5 Stars

All her life, Leigh Bonzell has felt like she has to prove something to everyone around her. People don't seem to take her serious because of her size. But she has spent her whole life proving them all wrong. So it came as no surprise when she came up against a brick wall named Colton Ramsey the moment he discovered that "Lee" is actually a Leigh. 

Colton Ramsey has been working as a guide for his family's store for the last 10 years. He loves what he does... most of the time. Right now? He doesn't particularly care for it. He's seen his fair share of difficult clients, but Leigh Bonzell takes the cake. Who would've thought that a petite, little feisty thing would be full of sass and determination?

To say that Leigh and Colton got off on the wrong foot would be an understatement. From the moment they first met, they got under each others' skin... and not in a good way. But the more time they spend together, the more they start to see each other for who they are on the inside. Their feelings for each other are the complete opposite by the end of the hunt. 

But how can they make a relationship work with Leigh in Atlanta and Colton in Tamarack Ridge? Would Leigh be willing to give up her life in the city for a new life in a small town? Both Leigh and Colton will have to decide if what they feel for each other is worth taking the risk for a HEA.

*dreamy sigh* 

You guys! Can I just tell you how much I loved this book?! It was SO good! I woke up way before my alarm this morning and decided I would spend my time reading. Once I started this book, I had an extremely hard time putting it down. Let's just say I did NOT want to go to work! But alas, I had to adult. And no... that didn't stop me from fitting in reading whenever I could. I think Leigh and Colton are definite favorites in this series! I loved watching them go from enemies, to friends, to something more. And those kisses?! Holy swooniness Batman! It was perfect! 

Ms. Lewis has done it again! I think I'm going to go through all her books and see which ones I haven't read yet. They need to be bumped up my TBR for sure!

I have to say that I love these two for Leigh and Colton! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment