Monday, April 8, 2019

Midnight Promises by Jennifer Peel


Synopsis:

Can a midnight promise endure the light of day?

Jillian Jones knows a thing or two about the Nashville music scene, and she wants no part of it after the pain her ex-husband, a rising country star, put her through. But her resolve weakens when she's seated next to Music City legend Cole Pendleton on a red-eye flight home after finalizing her divorce. Between her emotional state, her fear of flying, and maybe a little alcohol, she finds herself taking comfort not only in Cole's arms but his lips during their four-hour flight.

Cole is drawn to his beautiful seatmate like no one else before, but he knows neither are in the right place to begin a relationship. He promises, though, to come looking for her once they are both ready to move forward. But he has two problems, his profession and his past demons. Some of the same demons that haunted Jillian's ex-husband.

A year later, with his concert tour ending and his past in the rearview mirror, Cole searches out Jillian intent on keeping his midnight promise. Jillian can't believe he remembered her even though she's thought about the charming cowboy more than she would like to admit. But now she must decide if he's worth risking her heart again and if his promises are true.

My Review: 5 Stars

Jillian has been hurt in the worst way by her country singer ex-husband. After being cheated on, lied to and made to feel invisible, she refuses to ever put herself in that position again. But heaven help her, she still believes in love.

Freaking out on the red-eye from Vegas to Nashville, she's too occupied to realize who her seatmate is. But during take off she feels her hand being held and the most soothing voice calming her. She sneaks a peek to see the one and only, Cole Pendleton, one of country's biggest stars. Oh heaven help her.

When Cole first lays eyes on Jillian he thinks that he must be hallucinating because he has never seen someone as beautiful as her. But when he realizes that she is real, he will do whatever he can to not only calm her down but get to know every little detail he can during their 4 hour flight. Between midnight kisses and promises, he is determined to be a better man so that he can deserve the beautiful Miss Jillian.

But can Jillian let her guard down enough to let Cole in? And will Cole be able to prove to her that he is nothing like her ex-husband? That being with her makes him want to be a better man? Giving up is not an option in his opinion and he will need all the help he can get if he's going to get Jillian to take a chance on love again.

Oh how I loved Midnight Promises! It was amazing! And I have to say poor Jillian never stood a chance... especially when her best friend Call was in Cole's corner. ;) I laughed out loud, I got teary eyed, I let out lots of dreamy sighs and had a permagrin on my face through the majority of the book. I found myself wanting to read as fast as I could so I would know how it would end. But then I found myself wanting to read slower so that I could savor every little non-date, every little kiss, every little detail of Jillian and Cole because I did not want it to end!

And can I just say that epilogue.... *dreamy sigh* It. Was. PERFECT! I LOVED it! <3

Jennifer Peel has done it yet again! Who knew that I would start loving novellas?! Maybe I have just been reading the wrong author's novellas... ;) I may just start liking them after all! Hehe.

As for my casting... this is actually not the original one I chose the first time around. The couple I had chosen just didn't fit for me as I was rereading this series. These two instantly came to mind this time around and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE them! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment