Monday, April 15, 2019

My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiance by Jennifer Peel


Synopsis:

He rocked her world. She wrecked his. Now their worlds are colliding again.

Expensive schools and etiquette classes never prepared Shelby Duchane for Ryder Prescott. He would teach her more about life in his hay field classroom beneath a blanket of stars than anyone. Under that Georgia sky she would pledge forever to the farm boy with soul-melting chocolate brown eyes, even though it meant forfeiting her large inheritance. She couldn’t wait to clip coupons and buy clothes off the sales rack until death do they part. Until she received some photos of her intended with someone she had not intended. Brokenhearted, Shelby flees her hometown for Colorado without bothering to say goodbye to her cheating ex-fiancé.

A year later and wiser, Shelby’s doing her best to move on while running her boutique in Carrington Cove, when Ryder shows up and challenges all she thought she knew. Perhaps he wasn’t the wicked ex-fiancé she believed him to be after all. But will Ryder be able to swallow his pride enough to see why she was so persuaded? Will he realize before it’s too late that the only way to heal his own broken heart is to mend Shelby’s?

My Review: 5 Stars

Shelby Duchane moved to Carrington Cove for a fresh start away from her cheating ex-fiance, Ryder Prescott. Life was going great. She's finally out from under her controlling parents thumb and able to live the life that she wants to live.

But out of nowhere Shelby's cousin sends her an article about Prescott Technologies moving to Edenvale... a mere 45 minutes away from her. And if that wasn't bad enough, Ryder will be renting a cabin at the Carrington Ranch, where Shelby is currently living, for the summer. She has no idea how Ryder found her or why he's here but she's not ready to face him.

One year. It's been one year since Shelby and Ryder have laid eyes on each other. And the moment they do, sparks start flying. It doesn't matter how much hurt and anger has built up over the year, it can't hide the love that still shines in each of their eyes. Some things are hard to let go of.

But what if Shelby was wrong in leaving? What if things aren't always what they seem? Should she have talked to Ryder before she disappeared? Would it have made a difference? All she knows is she's definitely got her work cut out for her if she's ever going to win Ryder back.

Ryder doesn't want to admit it, but what Shelby did ripped his heart out and left him believing her parents were right. All he wanted was to be good enough for her, to deserve her. Over the last year, he hasn't been able to get her off his mind.

Shelby and Ryder will have to decide if it's too late for a second chance or if they'll be able to put their past behind them and move forward to their HEA. 

*dreamy sigh*

You guys! Can I just tell you how much I loved this book?! Holy wowzers! From the moment I picked it up, I had the hardest time putting it down. I found myself reading late into the night and waking up WAY before my alarm just so I can find out what happened next. I am a sucker for second chance love stories and this one did not disappoint.

Shelby and Ryder will have you believing that love is taking that second chance, home is not a place but a person, and infinite love is worth anything you have to endure. I can honestly say that they are definite favorites. And of course I loved seeing some of my favorites from My Not So Wicked Stepbrother and meeting new ones. That Bobby Jay... hahahahaha! I am loving Carrington Cove!  

I am absolutely LOVING this series! It is SO good! I cannot WAIT to read the next book! 

Y'all! Ms. Peel has done it again! She never ceases to amaze me. 

And can I just tell you how much I'm loving this casting?! Definitely one of my favorites! What do you think? 


Content: Mild language.

2 Comments:

  1. Hoooot! Loved this book almost as much as the first one. I think the 3rd book may be my favorite though. I loved Beck and Call. Something about a british accent. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I can't wait for the next book! It's going to be AMAZING I just know it!

      Delete