Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Suffering the Scot by Nichole Van


Synopsis:

Lady Jane Everard cannot abide the new Earl of Hadley. The unmannered Scot is a menace to genteel ladies everywhere, what with his booming laugh and swishing kilt and endless supply of ‘ochs’ and ‘ayes.’ Jane wishes Lord Hadley would behave as an earl should and adhere to English rules of polite conduct.

Andrew Langston, the new Earl of Hadley, knows that the English aristocracy think poorly of his lowly Scottish upbringing. This is hardly new. History is littered with the English assuming the worst about Scotland. By living up to their lowest expectations, he is simply fulfilling his civic duty as a Scotsman.

Jane sees Andrew as an unmannered eejit. Andrew considers Jane to be a haughty English lady. But, as the saying goes, . . . opposites attract.

And what if beneath his boisterous behavior and her chilly reserve, Andrew and Jane are not nearly as different as they suppose? Can Scotland and England reach a harmonious union at last?

My Review: 5 Stars

All his life, Andrew has been groomed to be the Earl of Hadley. Whether or not his English family ever saw him as such, he never knew. But when his grandfather passed away and left everything to him, he knew he needed to step up and take his place as Earl. He knew the task would not be easy, but he was not one to shirk his responsibilities.

All her life, Jane has been viewed as a pawn. It’s like her sole purpose on the earth was for the betterment of her family’s station in life. She must bow down to their wishes. She must always be in control of her emotions. She cannot let wild Jane out for the world to see.

Jane and Andrew couldn’t be more different, yet they were completely perfect for each other. From the moment they set eyes on each other, sparks started flying and they both knew that their lives would forever be changed.

Andrew knew that he wanted this fiery, feisty woman in his life but that it would have to be on her terms. He did not want to force her to do his bidding. He wanted to be the one to set her free and let her live the life of her own choosing. Her happiness was all that mattered to him. And for the first time ever, someone saw the real Jane. The Jane that she kept hidden away. To receive encouragement to let the real Jane shine was just what she needed to blossom into the person she was meant to be.

But as life goes, things are thrown into their path that will test them, have them doubting what they should do, who they should be. They just need to find the strength to keep pushing forward and know that, in the end, things will be as they should be.

Oh my gosh! You guys! I absolutely adored this book! Once I started reading, I had an extremely hard time putting it down! I found myself getting irrationally angry when I had to stop reading and be an adult. I love a book that can give me all the feels and Suffering the Scot did just that! From laughing out loud (chamomile tea anyone?), to feeling angry on several occasions, getting teary eyed a time or two and letting out little dreamy sighs throughout the book. I loved every minute of reading! I struggled between wanting to hurry up and finish so I would know what happened and wanting to read slowly so I could savor every minute of Jane and Andrew. 

I can already tell that this series is going to be AMAZING! I can't wait for the next book to be released! 

Ms. Van has quickly climbed my favorite authors list. I have loved every book of hers I've ever read. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

And as for my casting, I am loving these two! What do you think?!


2 Comments:

  1. Really liked this book! And I love the casting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this book! I'm thinking it of adding it to my next mystery box... ;o) And thank you! This one was fun to cast!

      Delete