Sunday, May 26, 2019

Rescuing Lord Inglewood by Sally Britton


Synopsis:

All he wants is someone he can trust. All she wants is to belong. But when compromising circumstances force them together, do they have a chance at finding love?

Silas Riley, Earl of Inglewood, is known among his peers in Parliament as the man made of stone. As a wealthy peer, there are few he trusts with his friendship. He guards his heart and his honor with vigilance, and when an accident nearly takes his life, he’s faced with a situation which threatens his standing in society.

Growing up in the shadow of her older brother, Esther Fox’s acceptance in his circle has been indifferent at best. So when she ends up in a compromising situation as she saves the life of her brother’s dearest friend, the Earl of Inglewood, she is forced to marry him to save her own reputation. Once again, she finds herself accepted only because of the situation, and not because she is truly wanted.

Neither are prepared for a loss which further complicates their new relationship. With such a difficult beginning, can they ever hope to understand one another, let alone find love?

My Review: 5 Stars

Growing up an only child, Silas has been alone most of his life. Being a wealthy peer, he has had to guard his honor at all cost. Most look at him and see a man made of ice and stone. But underneath the mask lies a lonely man who wants what all his closest friends have, someone he can trust and come home to at the end of the day. 

All her life, Esther has lacked the feeling that she belongs. She sees herself has a burden, as baggage to be passed from one relative to the next. No one ever asks her for her opinion or what she wants to do. They make all the decisions for her as if she were a child. She has come to accept that this is her life, but it doesn't make it any easier for her. 

When Esther heroically saves Silas from a falling statue, they never dreamed the ton would look upon the event as Esther putting herself in a "compromising situation". Esther is whisked off to the countryside in the hopes of saving her reputation. But when she and Silas find themselves in another "scandal", the only thing that can save Esther from ruin is marriage. 

While trying to adjust to their new life together, tragedy strikes and sends both of them reeling. Silas quickly realizes what is most important in his life... Esther. He will do everything in his power to help her see that they can weather any storm as long as they are together. He will help her to see past her insecurities and help her realize that everything she's ever wanted is standing right in front of her. He will help her believe in love and happily ever afters. 

Oh. My. Gosh. You guys! Can I just tell you how much I loved this book? Once I started it, I did not want to put it down. Nor did I want it to end! I absolutely adored Esther and Silas. I found myself rooting for them from the very beginning. Was it an easy road for them? Absolutely not. Their journey was filled with ups and downs and seeing how they faced it together, endeared me to them even more. The feels were most definitely real. By the time I finished the book, it felt like I had gone on an emotional roller coaster. I laughed, got teary eyed, felt hurt and anger, my heart broke and was mended back together, I let out little dreamy sighs and fell in love. If you are a lover of regency romance, I highly recommend this one! It was seriously amazing! 

This is only the first book in the series, but I can already tell you that I am going to love all of them! I cannot wait for the next book to be released! I'm kinda bummed that we have to wait until August. This is one of those times I have to remind myself that writing takes time. I'm not very patient when it comes to book releases.. ;o) Hehe. 

Ms. Britton has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I have loved all of her books I've read so far. There a few that I haven't read yet and I'm thinking those need to get bumped up my TBR list. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

As for my casting, I absolutely adore these two! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment