Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Christmas in Echo Creek by Kacey Linden


Synopsis:

Can the magic of a small town Christmas convince her that love is worth the risk?

When Willow Renner ends up stranded in the quaint little town of Echo Creek, she intends to lay low until she can pay for car repairs and get back on the road. But the locals can’t seem to stop trying to help her, and their obsession with Christmas cheer makes her want things she never thought she’d have. Home. A family. Maybe even a chance at love with a certain handsome sheriff’s deputy…

Deputy Cale Matthews was planning to skip Christmas, until a quiet newcomer makes him rethink everything. Willow is clearly hiding something, but she’s also beautiful, courageous, and in desperate need of hope. It doesn’t take long for Cale to decide he wants more than just friendship, but Willow’s been hurt too often to trust easily.

With the help of a meddling matchmaker and a little mistletoe, will Cale be able to convince Willow to take a chance on love, or will the shadows of her past tear them apart forever?

My Review: 5 Stars!

The moment I started reading Christmas in Echo Creek, I knew I was going to have a hard time putting it down. Ms. Linden captured me from the very first chapter and I quickly fell in love with Willow and Cale.

Life for Willow has been anything but easy. She has lived in constant fear and uncertainty. She learned the hard way that she can’t trust anyone, and no one will save her but herself. My heart broke for her when I learned of her circumstances. She had been through some horrible things but she was a fighter and did whatever it took to take care of herself.

When Cale first laid eyes on Willow, his protective instincts kicked in. He didn't know who or what she was running from, he just knew that he had to help her. He knew that getting to know Willow and getting her to trust him was going to take a lot of time and patience. But there was something about her that called to him. He was going to do everything in his power to keep her safe.

Watching Willow and Cale go from acquaintances to friends to something more made my heart smile. Their journey was not easy. There was a lot that Willow had never experienced and didn't know how to deal with. But all the bumps along the road only made them stronger.

I absolutely loved the small town setting. I found myself not only falling in love with Willow and Cale, but with the town and the people in it as well. It was endearing to see everyone come together whenever someone was in need. Sprinkle on a little Christmas magic and you have the perfect afternoon read!

This is my first book by Ms. Linden and I can already tell you that it won't be my last. The feels were definitely real in this book and I loved every minute of it! I cannot wait to read the next book in the series. I have already one-clicked that baby! ;)

And of course I can't forget my casting. I am seriously in love with these two! What do you think?!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment