Friday, November 15, 2019

Love and Second Chances by Shannon Guymon


Synopsis:

Donovan needs a distraction and Charlie needs a reason to believe in love again – will these two ever figure out that the best recipe for romance begins with two people and a little faith?

Charlie Walsh is running from her toxic past and desperate for a new start in Belfast, Maine. Following Riley's example of reaching for the stars, Charlie wants to open her own Bed & Breakfast. One problem: Riley and Mac break up, leaving Charlie holding the bag on her fixer upper. She has to figure out how to get those two back together, but in the meantime . . . Donovan Fitzpatrick is turning out to be quite the distraction!

Will Crystal break up this new love before it even has a chance to get started? Or will Charlie and Donovan let go of their pasts, and hang on to what matters most? Each other.

My Review: 3.5 Stars

All her life, Charlie Walsh has been beaten down and pushed aside. Her family had no problem letting her know that she was not wanted. After years of therapy, she finally realizes that enough is enough and it's time to take her life back. Moving to Belfast, Maine and opening up a B&B is just the change she needs.

Donovan Fitzpatrick has been in love with Crystal most of his life. She's an extremely toxic person and someone who is completely wrong for him. When his sister, Avery, tells him he needs a distraction from Crystal, he decides who better than the cute new B&B owner.

Charlie and Donovan decide to team up and help each other out. And if they happen to fall in love, all the better. But they should've known that life wouldn't be that easy. With all the odds stacked against them, they'll have to decide if a HEA is worth all the heartache they'll have to go through in order to get it.

I'm going to start out by saying I'm definitely in the minority here when it comes to Love and Second Chances. Don't get me wrong, I really did like this book. But I'm spoiled. The books I read always focus on one couple and one couple only. I'm not a fan of multiple love stories in one book. How can you really get to know a couple and their story when only 1/3 of the book is focused on them? I wanted more of Charlie and Donovan and a lot less of Riley and Mac. I won't go into detail but, Riley was not a favorite of mine.

All in all, it was cute. I loved the small town setting. I think that setting is becoming a favorite of mine. After I finish the books, I always want to pack up and move to a small town just so I can experience it.

From the moment I open one of her books, I can always count on Ms. Guymon to hold me captive, make me feel all the feels and not let me go until the very end. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us next!

As for my casting... I'm not going to lie. Donovan was SO hard to find! But Charlie was super easy. I saw her from the very beginning. What do you guys think?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment