Saturday, November 23, 2019

Caught in the Crossfire by Rebecca Deel


Synopsis:

Nicole Copeland should be planning her wedding. Instead, she's dodging bullets and staying one step ahead of a murderer. If law enforcement doesn't unmask the culprit soon, Nicole won't live long enough to marry the man of her dreams.

After paying a heavy price for an error in judgment, Mason Kincaid longs to leave his past behind and focus on a future with the woman he loves. But someone wants to send him to prison or a grave. Time is running out to trap the enemy before Mason and Nicole are caught in the crossfire.

My Review: 4 Stars

When Mason graduated from college at the age of 22, he decided to go out and celebrate. He ended up driving drunk and killing a mother and her infant daughter. It's a mistake that he'll always regret and one that he'll have to live with for the rest of his life. If he could go back in time and change it, he would. Life hasn't been easy for him. A lot of the people refuse to look past the person he used to be to see the man he has become today. 

From the moment Nicole first met Mason, there was just something that clicked between them. Mason was afraid of Nicole finding out his past mistake, so he tried to stay away from her. But she wasn't having any of that. She knew there was something between them and she wasn't about to let it slip away. Over time, Mason opened up to her and it only brought them closer together. Their relationship is built on trust, honesty and love. They know that they can face anything, as long as they do it together. 

But someone is determined to break them up. They don't know who it is or why they're doing it, but they refuse to give up what they have built together without a fight. They will do whatever is necessary to get their HEA. 

Mason and Nicole are not strangers to the small town of Otter Creek. We first met Mason in book 7, In Plain Sight, and Nicole in book 9, On the Edge. I instantly loved both of them and thought they were great additions to the Otter Creek series. They have a unique story and we've been able to get to know them through a couple of the other books. I was happy to see them get their own book. It made me love them even more. 

As most of you know, I have become a huge fan of Ms. Deel's. I will usually stalk Amazon or my email to see if her next book has been released. And once I have that baby in my hands, I usually drop whatever I'm reading to devour it. But with the last few books of hers, my excitement has kind of dwindled with the inconsistencies and grammatical errors throughout the book. Granted this book didn't have as many as the previous few did but there was enough to distract me from the story line. 

With that being said, I'm still looking forward to the next book in both series. I've been really excited to see a few of the characters we've seen throughout the series get their own books. :) 

And of course I can't forget my casting. I absolutely LOVE these two! What do you think?! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment