Saturday, October 24, 2020

Back to You by Jess Mastorakos

 


Synopsis:

Spencer and Ellie are just friends. Right?

For Spencer, Ellie has always been his rock. His stability. The one who was there for him in his darkest hour. But he's never thought of her as more than a friend... until now. And that's just inconvenient, since he knows what she wants right down to how she takes her coffee, and it isn't him.

Ellie wants a stable life and a white picket fence, so she only dates guys who want that, too. She knows Spencer doesn't do relationships. And besides, high school is over and he's about to be a U.S. Marine. It could never work... could it?

Since they want different things, they're just fine remaining friends. That is, until one night changes everything.

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. I am not a fan of books that are full of angst and drama. It's one of the reasons I stay away from YA books. I get so frustrated that I want to throw my kindle across the room. And I may or may not be mentally Gibbs slapping the characters until they get their act together. 

So. Why am I bringing this up? Well, this book is all about the angst and the drama. One of my favorite book buddies had to listen to me vent my frustration last night. BUT. This morning, I had to eat my words. The moment I finished the book I sent her the following message: "Ok... so she has this way of making all the angst and the drama worth it. I ended up loving it!" And, if you're wondering, yes.. she totally laughed at me. 😉

This was a true friends to lovers story. Ellie and Spencer have been best friends since the 6th grade. They've been through everything together and are by each other's sides no matter what. The night before Spencer leaves for boot camp, things start to change. But because Spencer is stubborn and Ellie has a boyfriend, neither were ready for the rollercoaster ride they were about to embark on. 

Oh. My. The feels y'all! The feels! You will experience every single one of them. Every. Single. One. You better hold on tight for this upside down, full of loops, twisty ride! I loved every frustrating, dreamy sighing moment of it!

As far as the swoon factor goes, let me just say... oh my holy swooniness Batman! Y'all the chemistry in this book is off the charts! I thoroughly enjoyed watching it knock Spencer of his feet! WOWZERS! That's just one of the reasons it made all the angst and drama worth it. 😉 

I am loving this series! I can't wait to start Olivia and Matt's book. I love that they were a big part of this book and that I'll get more of Ellie and Spencer in their book. Seeing all the couples throughout the series is a definite plus for me. 

If you haven't read anything by Ms. Mastorakos yet, then I highly recommend checking out her books. I've read 3 of them so far and have NOT been disappointed. She's definitely been added to my favorites and auto-buy lists. 

And of course I can't forget my casting. I. Am. In. Love! What do you think?!

4 Comments:

  1. High praise - added it to my To-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I needed a good book recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek! Crossing my fingers that you love it!

      Delete