Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Christmas with You by Jess Mastorakos

 


Synopsis:

Marine Staff Sergeant Charles Cooper is desperate. When he idiotically made up a fake girlfriend to appease his grandmother, he hadn’t counted on Grandma Jean flying halfway across the country to meet her at Christmas. With only a few days until the big family dinner, he needs a girlfriend. Fast.

Angie Black can think of few people who get under her skin more than Cooper. Unfortunately, she has to tolerate him since their best friends are married to each other. When Cooper asks her to be his fake girlfriend for a family dinner, Angie agrees only because she could use a fake boyfriend herself. Her entire office is invited to the wedding of their boss, and he happens to also be her ex.

Their fake relationship seems to solve both of their problems. That is, until unexpected feelings arise. With his deployment looming, will they figure out that they're meant to be before they find themselves half a world apart?

My Review: 5 Stars

Have you ever started a series that is so good that you wish someone would create a “pause life” remote so you can stop everything and just read? That’s where I’m at right now. I want to sit in my comfy chair with my hot cocoa and sweet treats and just read. Life can be tough when you don't want to adult. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

If you follow my blog, you know that I am not a fan of the fake relationship trope. But since all the books I've read in this series have been amazing, I thought what the heck. Let's give it a go. Y'all Ms. Mastorakos is making a liar out of me! I ended up loving this book! I guess I just haven't been reading the right authors. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I absolutely adored Cooper and Angie! Their bantering back and forth had me giggling and made me root for them even more. I loved watching their relationship develop from kinda enemies to friends to something more. Both of them had been in a bad relationship and were so focused on not falling into the same trap again that they didn't realize they were falling in love. They're definitely favorites of mine. ๐Ÿ˜Š

And can we talk about Grandma Jean for just a second? Y'all she was the best! She was always up to something when it came to Cooper and Angie. Sneaky and full of mischief. I loved the role she played in getting them together. It was perfect!

Christmas with You was a great addition to an amazing series. If you're looking for a fun series to escape into, I highly recommend this one. I'm going to have a major book hangover once I finish this series. I am so glad that I discovered Ms. Mastorakos! Her books are just what I needed right now.

And of course I can't forget about my casting! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment