Monday, October 26, 2020

In Name Only by Jennifer Peel

 


Synopsis:

He gave his name to protect her. All she wanted was his heart.

Dani Kramer used to think growing up in foster homes was the most difficult thing she would ever have to do until all her dreams come true. Married to the love of her life, Dr. Brock Holland, and running a foundation that specializes in finding jobs for kids out of foster care, Dani seems to have it all. What no one knows is that it could all go away tomorrow if anyone finds out about the precious secret she carries.

For Brock Holland, military doctor, life has always been about duty to his career and country. But when he’s captured during a joint allied training mission, thoughts of Dani, his best friend, the woman he’s tried for years not to fall in love with, help him not only survive but reevaluate his priorities. However, when he returns home, he finds Dani is pregnant. In a cruel twist, duty calls again. He must marry Dani to save her from becoming a political pawn in a dangerous game she didn’t know she had signed up to play.

But who will protect Dani’s and Brock’s hearts from each other? Or will they discover their marriage is more than only sharing a last name?

My Review: 5+ Stars!

You guys. I am speechless. Where do I even begin with my review? What can I say that's going to do this book justice? 

I knew going into this book that Brock and Dani's journey was going to be intense. But I was not prepared for it being wrought with so much pain and heartache. But with pain, comes strength. With ugliness comes beauty. With heartache comes love. This book is phenomenal! Here it is, days later, and I'm still thinking about everything Brock and Dani went through to get to where they are. Their love is a love worth fighting for. A love that was put through the refiners fire to become the most beautiful love they could ever imagine. Their story will stick with me for a long, long time to come. 

I can say that, without a doubt, the Pine Falls series is definitely one of my favorites. It's so real, so raw, so beautiful. I have fallen in love with every single one of the characters. I'm excited for Brant and Kinsley's journey. I have a feeling that theirs is going to be the toughest one of all. And I'll be right there by their sides, encouraging them and hanging on every single word. 

I am in serious awe of Ms. Peel's talent. She has an extraordinary gift when it comes to telling her stories. From the moment you start reading her books, you are transported to the setting of that book where you live, eat and breathe with her characters. You feel every single emotion that they feel. You will laugh with them, cry with them, celebrate their triumphs, mourn their losses and cheer them on as they fight for their friendships, their love and their happily ever after.

There is so much more I could say about this book. But this is one of those times where less is more. My advice to you would be to grab a box of tissues, have a pint of cookie dough or your favorite comfort food on hand, open your heart, open your mind, let yourself feel, just be. It's not going to be easy, but it IS going to be worth it. 


Content warning: This book contains sensitive material related to PTSD, brief military violence, and pregnancy. For more detailed descriptions that include spoiler alerts see the authors blog on her website. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment