Sunday, April 25, 2021

Promises at Pyramid Rock by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

Will this Marine risk everything for a chance to leave the friend zone?

Ethan “Mac” McCarthy is secretly in love with his best friend, Ana. It all started on the playground when she kicked him down the slide because he was too scared to take the plunge. But they haven't lived in the same town since they were kids, so it's been easy to keep their relationship platonic.

The only person Ana Vincent can count on is her long-distance best friend, Mac. He knows her better than anyone. When he suggests she finally get her own place instead of hunting for yet another roommate, that's exactly what she does. And boy is he in for a surprise when he finds out where she’s bought a house.

Mac has always told himself their physical distance was the only thing keeping him from admitting his true feelings. He doesn’t think she feels the same way. How will he keep his secret with her right under his nose again?

My Review: 4.5 Stars

Confession. Friends to lovers tropes always seem to be either a hit or a miss for me, never in between. But I'm happy to say that this one was a hit. 

Ana and Mac have been best friends since she kicked him down the slide at the age of 4 because he was too scared to go down it. These two are the epitome of polar opposites. She's Miss Adventurer who leaps before she looks and he's Mister Thinker who always looks before he leaps. But some how this works for them. They always ground and balance each other out. 

I absolutely adored Ana and Mac! Their witty banter back and forth had me crackin up throughout the book. There was no denying (unless you're Ana and Mac) that these two were wholeheartedly in love with each other. Their journey wasn't all hearts, rainbows and happiness. But that's what made it so fun. There's nothing better than watching two people finally opening their eyes to see what's been standing in front of them for years. 

I am loving this series! Ms. Mastorakos definitely has another hit on her hands. I cannot wait to get my hands on Stone's story. Y'all. I predict fireworks. Lots and lots of fireworks! It's times like these that I have to remind myself that writing takes time. 

And let's not forget my casting. I'm loving these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment