Sunday, May 2, 2021

The Mostly Real McCoy by Julie Christianson

 

Synopsis:

Single-dad Mac needs a temporary nanny for his daughter, Daisy. I need a second job until my promotion kicks in. Since our arrangement is only for one month, I am positive I won’t get attached. Medium positive. Okay, I’m negative.

This is a terrible idea.

Because I can’t give Mac and Daisy what they need, and I won’t risk breaking their hearts, but his green eyes and her crooked pigtails have me dreaming about forever. And who can resist a dad buying pink ballerina tights after a day spent in a hard hat?

The thing is Mac is a fixer, and I need to repair my own life. Better yet, I don’t want to feel broken. So it’s a good thing the worst has already happened to me. Nothing will hurt more now. Water can’t get wetter. That’s what I keep telling myself.

Too bad I’m all wrong...

My Review: 5 Stars

Y'all. It's probably a good thing that I got everything thing done that I needed to get done for the day before I started this book. Why? Because the moment I started reading, there was no way I was putting this book down until I finished it.

I was quickly swept away to Apple Valley where I lived and breathed all things Brooke, Mac and Daisy. Oh how I adored these three! They had me busting out laughing (literally and now my neighbors think I'm even more crazy), getting teary-eyed (it's not all sunshine and rainbows), swoonying (that first kiss... yowzers), and letting out little dreamy sighs (I couldn't help it!) throughout the entire book. I loved their journey of self discovery, of healing, of strength, of family, of being their for each other even if it's sitting on the sidelines and cheering them on. Their journey was absolutely beautiful! I loved every single minute of this book.

I do have to say that little Daisy kinda stole the show for me. Watching her blossom and grow under Brooke's care was seriously the sweetest thing ever. I just can't with all her cuteness! And her names! MeeMaw and PeePaw. Y'all! I lost it! I seriously love Daisy! Haha.

I will admit that I was kinda sad when the book ended. I was not ready to say goodbye to Brooke, Mac and Daisy. Thank goodness this is a series and I'll get to catch up with them soon! I am dying to get my hands on Emi and Nash's book. Y'all. I can already tell that Emi doesn't stand a chance. Nash is a go getter and he always gets what he wants. I'm already planning on clearing my schedule when their book is released. I have a feeling I'm going to be sucked in again. Hehe.

I am SO glad that I found Ms. Christianson while searching Amazon for new authors to try. The moment I read the synopsis, I was stalking her until release day. I highly recommend grabbing this one! It is SO good!

And of course we can't forget my casting. Y'all. I'm loving these two! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment