Saturday, May 22, 2021

Rescue a Stubborn Heart by Cindy Roland Anderson

 

Synopsis:

She doesn’t believe true love is real.
He thinks he’s too broken for love.
Everything changes when two stubborn hearts meet.

On the run from her ex-husband’s twisted family, Finley seeks help from Jaxon Hudson, the Navy SEAL who rescued her three years ago. Even though she only knew him for a few hours, it was long enough for her to fall in love. But Jaxon’s imminent deployment squashed any hope of a relationship, and he walked away, taking a piece of her heart with him.

Now Finley is older and wiser and not looking for love. So when Jaxon proposes a marriage of convenience and offers the protection of his name, but not his heart, Finley accepts the terms.

There’s only one problem, the spark they had three years ago never died out...placing her in danger of falling for him all over again.

My Review: 5 Stars!

Oh my heart! Y'all! I can't even with this book! I. Can't. Even! 😍

Where do I begin?! 

I fell in love with Jaxon when he made his appearance in Catch a Falling Star. There was just something about him that drew me in. I knew from that moment, it was going to take someone pretty amazing to rescue our hero. I never imagined it would be under the guise of him rescuing her. 

From the moment Jaxon and Finley met, there was a strong, undeniable connection between the two of them. The pull toward each other was strong, but it just wasn't their time and life ended up taking them in different directions. But life has a way of bringing people back together when they need it the most. 

Y'all. There are no words to express how much I love Jaxon and Finley! Their story was so heartachingly beautiful and tugged at my heart strings. The journey back to each other wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. It was filled with hurt, pain, guilt, and doubt. But along the way they found peace, happiness, trust, love, and family. Watching these two broken souls get their happily ever after had me feeling all the feels. The chemistry between these two was sizzling and their kisses had me melting into a big ol' pile of goo! YOWZERS! 😍

Can we just take a moment to talk about little Gracie? She is such a sweet little bundle of joy who melted the hearts of all the Hudson's. Watching Jaxon with her made my heart smile and had me letting out little dreamy sighs. It was adorable! 😍

I am loving this series! I cannot wait to get my hands on Walker and Briar's story. Y'all. The hardest part about loving a series like this is waiting for the next book to be released. Oh how I wish I could just snap my fingers and their book would appear in my hands. But alas, that wish never comes true. I have to keep reminding myself that writing takes time. 

You guys. If you haven't read any of Ms. Anderson's books then you are definitely missing out. She's an amazing author and I have loved everything I've read of hers. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

As for my casting... *dreamy sigh* I am seriously in love! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment