Monday, June 7, 2021

Silent Partner by Jennifer Peel


Synopsis:

He thinks his silence will protect her. She needs to hear what’s in his heart.

When it comes to love and life, Kinsley Kramer knows one thing—she’s always second best. Tired of feeling like she’s never enough, she decides to give up on men and adopt a cat. What Kinsley doesn’t know is that Brant Holland wants nothing more than to tell the world how much he loves her, but he has kept his distance to protect Kinsley from the secrets he keeps and from his ex-fiancée’s family.

But when Kinsley is about to lose her restaurant, Brant can’t help but act. He steps in and becomes her silent partner. Unable to deny the passion that sizzles between them, they must open painful doors to the past, and the secrets Brant has been keeping must be unleashed. Secrets that threaten to destroy everything and everyone he holds dear. Kinsley must now decide if she can bear the pain of Brant’s past choices and an uncertain future as everything in the Hollands’ world hangs in the balance.

See how it all unfolds in this heart-tugging final chapter of the Pine Falls series.

My Review: 5+ Stars!

Holy Hannah! Y'all! Brace yourselves! And while you're bracing, clear your schedules of any and all the thangs. Once you start this book, you will NOT want to put it down! Y'all are in for one heck of a ride!

From the moment I started this book, I was transported to Two Girls and a Guy in Carrington Cove, where I sat in a booth, eating yummy food and listening to Kinsley and Brant tell me a story. A story of heartache, of pain, of trials, of hope, of forgiveness, of family, but most of all of unconditional love. They told me their story. And oh what a heartachingly beautiful story it was! The feels are alive and well in this book... and I mean ALL the feels!

Kinsley has become one of my all time favorite heroines... HANDS DOWN! Wow! She went through A LOT but she remained super sweet and down to earth the entire time. Out of all three Kramer girls, she is definitely the strongest and most resilient. People seem to underestimate her and count her out. I loved watching her prove them all wrong.

And can I just tell you how freaking amazing Brant is?! Y'all. I have all the heart eyes in the world for this man! I absolutely adored him! He's not afraid to go out and get what he wants and refuses to take no for an answer. I loved how much he loved Kinsley and I loved how he fought for her. If ever there was a couple who deserved a HEA, it's these two. 🥰

Now, it would be remiss of me if I didn't mention all the swooniness that was going on in this book. Y'all. That first kiss? And that second kiss? And all the kisses after that? Explosive! The chemistry between these two was hot, hot, HOT! 😍

I loved seeing all our friends in Pine Falls and catching up with all the happenings of their lives. But I do have to say that I may or may not have been livid with a few of them for the way they treated Kinsley. I also may or may not have yelled at them to back off and leave her the heck alone. Y'all. If I could've, I would've jumped through my kindle and Gibbs slapped the lot of them with a cast iron skillet! I'm sure you'll feel the same way when you read this book. 😉 Haha.

I'm not going to lie. I did not want this book to end. And not just because I loved every single minute I spent in this book. It's also because I'm not ready to say goodbye to all my friends in Pine Falls. This series has quickly become one of my favorites and it's always a little bittersweet to see it come to an end. But I will say, if it does have to end, this was the perfect ending to a phenomenal series!

It's no secret that Ms. Peel is one of my all time favorite authors. I am in awe of the worlds she creates and the journeys she takes us on. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! Knowing her it's going to be fantastic!

And of course no review of mine would be complete without my casting. I am seriously in love with these two! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment