Friday, June 25, 2021

Stranded at the Sandbar by Jess Mastorakos

 

Synopsis:

When they get stranded in paradise, can they put aside their differences until the cavalry arrives?

Kate Wilson jumps at the chance to live in Hawaii when her brother offers to let her rent his extra room. Unfortunately, the last time she was in town, she kissed his best friend... then ghosted him. And he does not seem pleased to see her.

US Marine Tyler Stone prides himself on being a nice guy. But when he gets stranded at the sandbar with the kind of girl who would rather date a long string of losers than find a life partner, he's done being nice. Her loss.

Kate and Tyler aren't on the same page about much when they first wind up alone in the clear-blue water. They'll need to find common ground--and fast--when Tyler gets injured. As the fellow castaways get closer to being rescued, they also find themselves falling in love. But what happens when they get back to civilization and old wounds re-open?

Stranded at the Sandbar is the third book in a new sweet military romance series. Follow along with six handsome heroes in these interconnected stories about the Marines stationed in Kailua, Hawaii.

My Review: 5 Stars

As a reader, there's no greater feeling than seeing a new book by a favorite author waiting for you to dive in and get lost among its pages. And there's nothing worse than real life pulling you away and stopping you from devouring said book. Y'all... I may or may not have gotten irrationally angry that this was happening to me while reading. Apparently it was too much to ask for uninterrupted reading time. Life can be so rude sometimes! 🤣

Because of all the interruptions, I treasured every single minute I spent in this book. I absolutely adored Tyler and Kate! They quickly became favorites of mine. Being stranded on an island can definitely bring two people closer together. I loved that, even though Kate was scared out of her ever loving mind, she trusted Tyler to protect her and keep her safe. His calm demeanor helped her to put all her faith in him and know that he could and would get them through anything. These two were absolutely perfect for each other. ❤️

Y'all know by now that one of my favorite things about series like this is getting to see and catch up with old friends and meeting new ones. I love how close knit this group is and how they're always there for each other. We all need friends like this in our lives. I cannot wait to get my hands on PJ's book. He has intrigued me from the very beginning and I'm dying to know what makes that man tick. And bonus for me... it's a single parent trope! Whoop! Whoop! Haha. 

Ms. Mastorakos has quickly climbed my list of favorite authors. I may or may not squeal and do a little happy dance whenever I see one of her books hit my kindle. I can always count on her to give me that much needed break from reality. I cannot wait to see what she has in store for us next! 

As for my casting... y'all! I'm in love! What do you think?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment