Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Don't Marry the Ex by Emily C. Childs

 

My Review: 1 Star

I don't normally review anything less than 3 stars on my blog. But I'm making an exception for this one.

Everyone knows how much I love finding new authors. It's something that I'm constantly doing. I want to be the first of my friends to find a book and then scream about it from the rooftops. That is exactly what is happening with this book. But, sadly, it's not going to be a good scream from the rooftops.

As I'm reading this book, I'm getting a weird sense of deja vu. The more I read, the angrier I become. If you're a Jennifer Peel fan and you start reading this book, then you'll probably feel the same way. This book is pretty much a copy of My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé. There are just WAY too many things in this book for it to be a coincidence. 

The heroes in both books are heartbroken and jilted. Both heroes leave and come back after making it big by creating an app. Both heroes are set on getting even with the heroines to show them what they've lost. Both heroes have a special tattoo for the heroines. Both heroes have a brother that works with them. Said brothers both date a boutique owner named Marlow(e). Both heroines have the same saying... Oh Mylanta! Both couples were going to elope until they discovered "the big secret" and breakup. The reason behind the breakup is the exact same except flipped. There are more similarities but you guys get the picture. Again... WAY too many things to be considered a coincidence. 

I have to admit, I've looked at other books by this author and between the synopsis and titles, they sound an awful lot like other books I've read by other authors. What in the world is wrong with people? I get that you really can't do original stories because everything has been done over and over again. But to copy someone else's work, switch details around and claim it as your own? Did the author think that no one would notice that she copied Jennifer Peel's book? Did she not think that fans of Jennifer Peel's would be reading her books? Did she think that no one would call her out on it? Well guess what! Here I am... calling her out. Sorry, not sorry. I know these kinds of things happen more than I realize but I never thought I would see it in any of the books I read. This is disgusting and extremely unprofessional. How many other authors has she done this to? One thing is for sure... I will be telling EVERYONE I know NOT to read anything by this author. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment